OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Recoil pad?

Started by Trad1, March 11, 2016, 05:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trad1

What are you guys using for a recoil pad on those 835 pounders?I know I will have to replace the factory one when I get my new gun.

trkehunr93

Simms limb saver slip on with a bear tooth comb raising kit for the cheek slap , more like a punch really.  Best $40-50 bucks I ever spent!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Factory pad for me. I've made zero changes to the factory setup. I think my buddy pulled his pad and placed either sand or lead shot in the back of his. I'd thought about it but didn't care for the idea of adding weight. If I were to do anything, I'd use the pad mentioned above.

KYStalker

Limbsaver on mine.  Got a Limbsaver airtech for my mossberg ssi-one but haven't shot it yet.
If you're not first, your last!!

bbcoach

Limbsaver, Beartooth Comb Raising kit and added about 4 ounces of lead shot in the stock just forward of the recoil pad.  I only shoot 3 1/2's and she recoils like a 20 gauge.  I cut some Styrofoam to fill the stock, added about 4 oz of lead shot in a sock, duct taped the sock real tight and put it right in front of the Limbsaver.  The added weight does two things, 1. helps balance the gun better 2. lessens the recoil.