OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best mouth call you've ever used

Started by srmturk, March 10, 2016, 02:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridgerunner

Moore

Thunder ridge game calls, combo cut or a batwing cut
[

WildTigerTrout

Wilbur Primos "True Double" or "True Triple".
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Devastator

Hooks Devastator that Scott stretches for me with a proph reed on bottom.

GobbleNut

So there we have it,...total disagreement on what is the best call.   :angel9:

...And here are the basic reasons:  1)  nobody calls the same, and 2) every mouth call will sound differently because of the imprecision in the construction process. 

...And here are the solutions:  1) practice, practice, practice,...until you can control the sounds you make with a mouth call, and 2) learn to modify each call you get to find the "turkey" in each individual call.

The End...   ;D ;D ;D

TauntoHawk

Executioner II and Halloran TKO

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ThunderChickenHunter21

blueridgegobbler

Do like I did I started practicing several years ago calling with my mouth now I carry a trumpet call and do the close in calling with my mouth. if you will practice yelps purrs clucks are easy to learn. I just never did care for diaphragm calls so I just learned to do it this way.

Gobble!

Bought a pile over the years from the big names and the custom guys and I must say the Will Primos signature call is my favorite.

Mtd69

I like the hooks executioner and woodhaven copper head

SwampRooster17

Jbird22

Hooks Executioner II and Houndstooth Dixie Combo

StrutStopper_71

KansasGobbler

Hooks 3 Reed Modified V and Hooks Executioner 2

jamo

run and gun game calls raspy red or green eyed monster