OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another pattern vote

Started by WNCTracker, March 09, 2016, 05:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

40 yards
10" / 20"
68 degrees
10-mph wind 20 gusts (left to right)

Longbeard XR 3" #6 shot
10" 230
20" 380

WNCTracker

40 yards
10" / 20"
68 degrees
10-mph wind 20 gusts (left to right)
Hevi 13 3" #7
10" 167
20" 333

Happy

Personally I would scooch the hevi 7's a hair left and call it good. To me it seems a little more even and will be a little less tight up close. They are both great patterns tho. Really not a bad choice with either.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

dirt road ninja

Quote from: Happy on March 09, 2016, 05:15:38 PM
Personally I would scooch the hevi 7's a hair left and call it good. To me it seems a little more even and will be a little less tight up close. They are both great patterns tho. Really not a bad choice with either.

I agree, both look good.

spaightlabs

Dr Juice

Your Hevi-13 need to move to the left; and then it will have my vote and good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

otinhunter

I also would agree move the Hevi 13 to the left and that would be my vote.

WNCTracker

Seems like the hevi's have it. I like the looks of it to the right of the bull as well. I am surprised at the count though after reading about people's patterns with my same setup. I wonder if the #6 shot would do worse or just the same.

coyotetrpr

For what its worth I would choose the longbeards for two reasons. 1 being the pattern was nearly as good if not as good, even if the hevi was shifted to the left. 2 being the price of the longbeards is way cheaper the last time I checked. Money may or may not be an issue in your descision, but I personally cant justify that much extra cost for not that much extra performance. Just my opinion, but the fact remains either pattern you choose will smoke a turkey. Happy hunting.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

duxrus

Try hevi 6's. My pattern is beyond impressive way past 40 yards . IMO 7's is getting just a bit small.

BowBendr

The 7's are not too small. Lets not go down that road again...
I will say that 167 in the 10 is really low for 7's. If the pattern was moved up 1-2" and left a couple inches you would be in the mid 200's easily.

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

birdman67

I prefer the mag blends. Course the #7's are throwing a great pattern but I just prefer that 3 size combination.
Loving God's Creation!

tomstopper

Quote from: BowBendr on March 09, 2016, 08:09:05 PM
If the pattern was moved up 1-2" and left a couple inches you would be in the mid 200's easily.

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions
Totally agree with this (by the looks, it will save you a lot of time from picking pellets out of the breast as well..... :))

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Your pattern is low and right of the bird.  Adjust your sights and it'll improve the numbers drastically.

I'd run the 7s due to pattern density and because they hit harder than the 6s.

wmn2

Either one is good to me. If I had to choose, I'd say the Hevi's. A little more open close in than the longbeards.