turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your Preffered Shell

Started by AC HAMMER, March 08, 2016, 01:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cut N Run

Hevi shot #6s or #7s, 3 inch, 2 oz.  patterns the best for me.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

grayfox

Quote from: Cut N Run on March 09, 2016, 07:53:27 AM
Hevi shot #6s or #7s, 3 inch, 2 oz.  patterns the best for me.

Jim

This works best for me also.

Cutt

Gamblinman

Federal Premium Heavyweight 7"s in both my 10 and 12 gauge.

I shot Nitro's for dang near 20 years before I found this stuff. With a Trulock choke, it like hitting them with Thor's hammer.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

bigbird

My all time favorite was the Remington hevi shot 3.5" #6's wicked awesome patterns

spaightlabs

Mag Blend 3 inchers.  I've got a dozen boxes in the safe which should last me 10 to 15 years.  The last couple years our local Sports Authority has put them on close out for $6.99 a box at the end of the season.  With a $10 a box rebate that ain't a bad deal.

GED6531

HeviShot 3 1/2" Magnum Blends shoot the best with the combination of my Mossberg 835 and Indian Creek choke tube.

WCD4

Longbeard XR 3.5 #5 2oz. put through a Stoeger 3500 with older style Jelly Head.

Dtrkyman

The white hevi 13 3 inch 1 3/4 oz #6, only have 2 left, they pattern nearly as good as any 3.5 inch stuff I have shot and recoil like a dove load!

HunterMc23

I like my Federal Heavyweight #7 Shots, Hard to beat

Gobble!

Quote from: snapper1982 on March 08, 2016, 08:21:53 PM
1-5/8 oz tss #9s out of the 20 and 2oz duplexed tss 6x8 out of the 12.

#6s good lord. Is that incase you get attacked by a cougar?  :OGturkeyhead:

Gobble!

TSS #9s. Shooting the 12g 2.5oz load but may switch to a .410/20g load next year.

the Ward

My favorite in lead is the  Federal Turkey Thugs in 5s or 6s. In htl I like both the Hevi Shot magblends and the old discontinued Winchester Xtended Range htl. I did a lot of patterning and found chokes that work really well with these shells and use them according to the terrain I'm hunting.

TKE921

Hevi 3" 2oz #7 through an IC 665.  I get even numbers in the 10 and 20 ( 221 / 218 ).  Longbeard #6s give me a way better 10 number, but there is not much room for error.

stinkpickle

I'm currently using H13 3/2/6's, because I have a stockpile.