turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best mesh face mask?

Started by buzzardroost, March 08, 2016, 12:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzardroost

Let's hear it, best mesh face mask? Looking at the underarmour version and cheaper versions. I have an Ol Tom mesh but it's not staying up on my face. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beakbuster10

Sitka

Greg Massey

Primos 3/4 spandex for those cool morning and i like the old HS Strut 3/4 mesh mask for hot days..i always carry 2 mask..i also carry 2 pair of gloves the old school black cotton for cool morning and the mesh type for hot days...i also carry a camo toboggan..

WNCTracker

I have yet to find one that doesn't fog up my glasses.  Tried contacts but can't wear them so I'm stuck with either face paint or fogged glasses on a wet spring morning.  I hope somebody can suggest a good one....

Greg Massey

Hey johnplesh...check out the Bunkerhead face mask .. it's a system that attaches to you cap and will stay off your face and i don't think with that you will have anymore problems with fog glasses..

tha bugman

WNCTracker

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 08, 2016, 02:13:47 PM
Hey johnplesh...check out the Bunkerhead face mask .. it's a system that attaches to you cap and will stay off your face and i don't think with that you will have anymore problems with fog glasses..
that's funny I cut one up amidst my anger last year and dangled it from the bill of my cap. It worked but I couldn't see anything. Thanks for the suggestion I'll check it out!

Gamblinman

Quaker Boy Bandit, or Bandito
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

TauntoHawk

Quote from: buzzardroost on March 08, 2016, 12:43:32 PM
Let's hear it, best mesh face mask? Looking at the underarmour version and cheaper versions. I have an Ol Tom mesh but it's not staying up on my face. Thanks!

I'll be honest I think almost all under armour stuff is way over price for what you get from socks to coats BUTTT their mesh face mask is the best ive ever used. light, comfortable, stays put when its up, doesn't bother me down around my neck wish i could get it in bottomland
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

paintbrush

Marc

This is from another thread:

Quote from: Stickbow98 on March 06, 2016, 05:08:05 PM
The 2 best solutions I have found for the glass fogging problem are first, this specifically designed mask...

http://www.bunkerhead.net/bunkerhead-facemasks

And the glass cleaning/treating product: PARKER'S PERFECT

This stuff really works great! I keep a small spray bottle and a cloth in my pocket all the time while afield.  :icon_thumright:
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

mote1977

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 08, 2016, 03:49:38 PM
Quote from: buzzardroost on March 08, 2016, 12:43:32 PM

I'll be honest I think almost all under armour stuff is way over price for what you get from socks to coats BUTTT their mesh face mask is the best ive ever used. light, comfortable, stays put when its up, doesn't bother me down around my neck wish i could get it in bottomland
Exactly what he said. The Under Armour face mask is overpriced but it's the only one that is comfortable to me.

Swather

Quote from: johnplesh on March 08, 2016, 01:08:57 PM
I have yet to find one that doesn't fog up my glasses.  Tried contacts but can't wear them so I'm stuck with either face paint or fogged glasses on a wet spring morning.  I hope somebody can suggest a good one....

Get someone to help you with a marker to mark the right places to cut the mask.  Make small holes for your nostrils and mouth.

Happy

Another fan of the under armour mask.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

WNCTracker

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 08, 2016, 02:13:47 PM
Here's the el cheap O version. Pretty easy to make one