turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3D / Leafy wear at Cabelas question

Started by paboxcall, March 08, 2016, 11:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

I have Cabelas points on my Visa card burning a hole.  Been looking at their selection of 3D / leafy wear, and I'm not at all impressed.  BassPro on the other hand has lots of camo pattern options and Cabelas has essentially only their own exclusive Zones patterns, but my points are with Cabelas, not BassPro

Observation:  About 99% of Cabelas' 3D / leafy wear offering are only in their own Zones Woodlands pattern, which appears very grey / almost white.   ???  Really doesn't seem color-appropriate for the spring woods.

Question:  Does Cabelas ever offer their lines of 3D / leafy wear camo in patterns other than their own exclusive patterns, like MO Obsession or New Breakup?  Is it just the time of year, do they typically offer other styles / camo patterns?  Southern states will be chasing turkeys here shortly, doesn't seem like Cabelas offers much more than what they have on-line, in-stock right now.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

sixbird

Search Cabelas Shannon bug tamer suit...That jacket is on darker side and will protect you from ticks and mosquitoes very well...$90-101...

goblr77

Quote from: sixbird on March 08, 2016, 12:15:12 PM
Search Cabelas Shannon bug tamer suit...That jacket is on darker side and will protect you from ticks and mosquitoes very well...$90-101...

The Shannon Big Leaf Bugtamer is the only leafy suit I wear. It's almost a necessity with the amount of mosquitos in the south GA swamps.

dirt road ninja

With the leafy stuff, I really don't think the pattern matters, so long as it's not way darker or lighter. I think the one I have is a Cabelas brand, but I don't know the pattern.

davisd9

Quote from: dirt road ninja on March 08, 2016, 02:19:23 PM
With the leafy stuff, I really don't think the pattern matters, so long as it's not way darker or lighter. I think the one I have is a Cabelas brand, but I don't know the pattern.

Real tree xtra green

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

paboxcall

Quote from: davisd9 on March 08, 2016, 03:02:34 PM

Quote from: dirt road ninja on March 08, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Real tree xtra green

Sent from the Strut Zone

The one you linked to Cabelas is Realtree Xtra, not Xtra Green.  Would really like the Xtra Green or Obsession in a 3D suit.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Gooserbat

The most effective leafy suit I've ever seen is an ASAT.  The Kill Suit from all predator calls is another good one. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Stickbow98

Check out Cabelas Leafy Wear Pro HD suit...
It comes in Mossk Oak Break Up Infinity, Realtree Extra, and "greener" patterns like Seclusion and Realtree AP.
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"