turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

South Florida Success

Started by tjmurphy, March 08, 2016, 11:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

CONGRATS!!!!  I thought it was time for South Florida to kick off their season.  I've been down there a couple of times and LOVE chasing those Osceola LB's.

tjmurphy

Quote from: eorlando on March 08, 2016, 02:03:15 PM

Quote from: tjmurphy on March 08, 2016, 01:54:53 PM
Quote from: eorlando on March 08, 2016, 12:05:40 PM
Nice bird. I hunted the past  4 days and only heard 2 gobbles yesterday morning. I am from N Ft Myers. You close by??
From Bradenton but hunted West of you in Hendry in what use to be the zoo. Still quality game but the panther's are doing their best to change that.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

I know exactly where. I will be there this weekend with my 6 year old daughter for her first turkey hunt. Obviously she will be a spectator. Did you hear many birds?  PM me if you have any advise. I have deer hunted it in the past but never turkey hunted it.
I'll PM you tonight or tomorrow. I'm trying to think of an area to get a 6 year old into. It's a little more wet this spring then in past seasons, but not flooded. I heard 5 or 6 different birds my buddy in the same general area only heard 2. But I think your hunt is going to be hitting it at the right time.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Stickbow98

Congratulations. Great public land bird, and very nice pics!
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

tomstopper

spaightlabs

Happy

Congrats on a fine bird sir. I will sit on the sidlines and watch as you southern boys put it to them. My turn will come.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

SteelerFan

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: Congratulations, nice bird! (from a jealous northerner)

Lonnie Sneed Outlaw Hen doing it in the way south!

LI Outdoorsman

Beards and Hooks

Congrats Awesome bird and great story, looking forward to using my Sneed calls for the first time in a couple months  :turkey2:

Tail Feathers

Congrats on a fine bird!

And I think, the first one posted here this season. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

owlhoot

Macbee25

bmhern

cramerhunts

Congratulations on a great bird! Love this time of year!

vman

Thats a fine bird with great spurs, congrats!