turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ground Blind

Started by Greg Massey, March 08, 2016, 10:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

For the money which type of ground blinds are the best the hub style or the ones that fold by memory ? Which brand do you like the best ? I tried one years ago that was a hub style and after about 2 hours of trying to pop the blind up and soaked from sweat i gave up and throw that thing in the creek..also in all that trying to pop the blind out i broke a couple of those cheap thin alum rods... you also had to crawl to get into the blind also..So after all that i gave up on ground blinds.. how do you keep them from flying away on those wind days? I guess if i buy another one am i looking for ground blind punishment again is what i'm saying..HELP WITH GROUNDS

fallhnt

I use a Double Bull. Wind is an issue. All other points of use are easy. Good luck
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

AC HAMMER

I use Ameristep brickhouse. Used the same model for years. Never fails. Very comfy, lots of room for 2-3 people. Just bought the new model this year because the one I had been using for the previous 8 years finally gave out.

Greg Massey

AC Hammer do you know what the model is called ?

WisTurk

Had been using an Ameristep (brickhouse I think?) till it finally had too many tears and busted poles (not the blind's fault...it was at least 10 years old) and so I upgraded to a Barronett Big Mike at the end of last season (got it for a killer deal from Rogers) so will be interested to see how it goes.  As far as the wind, you need to stake it down good, but get some good tent spikes from a sporting goods store.  Those crappy wire hanger ones that usually are included don't hold too well.

wvlimbhanger

I've used an ameristep one for years but this past December I had saved up Cabela's points and had a coupon offer for even more discounts and I took the plunge and got a double bull double wide.  It is amazing.  I used it a few times during the tail end of our archery season.  It's a much more durable material, very roomy, and I like the 180 field of view.  It is a bit awkward to get put up but after some practice isn't too difficult.  I will be buying another before our archery season for sure.

AC HAMMER

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 08, 2016, 02:03:40 PM
AC Hammer do you know what the model is called ?
Ameristep Backcountry

MK M GOBL

So some will depend if you are solo or talking "room" for 2-3... If you are solo and want ease of entry you can't beat a Double Bull (T2) now called the Shack Attack. I do hunt 2 out of mine at times but it just a little tight on room. If you do have a the 2-3 at a time going on and "ease" of entry then a Double Bull (Double Wide) now called the Deluxe would be the choice, and from there if you want to save a couple of $$ you could go with the Double Bull (Darkhorse) now called the Bullpen. Double Bull has a "Lifetime" Warranty on their blinds and covers most problems... as for the wind I stake mine down with some heavy duty stakes and use all their 12 attachment points and have not had a problem...

MK M GOBL

Gamblinman

I used an Ameristep Doghouse for many years. I now use a Primos Double Bull Shack Attack.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

wmn2

I used to have a folding one, but picked up a hub blind. My wife will go deer hunting with me sometimes and when I take the kids, the room in the hub blind can't be beat. Blinds get real small as soon as you put more than one chair and more than one person's gear in there.

fenderhunt4

They stopped making it but I absolutely love the Primos Blind Luck. Some can still be found on Amazon and other online searches. I was roomy and had great window configuration like the more expensive Double Bull models. I always have room for me and another person plus gear.

otinhunter

I have the Double Bull double wide and love it. It is big enough that the kids can stay occupied or sleep. I could take my wife and my 2 kids if I wanted but 3 people is best.

kyturkeyhunter4

I bought one of the big mikes ground blind and I love it , plenty of room to stand up to shot your bow and I can get my wife and little girl it also and we still have plenty of room. Great ground blind, I deer hunted out of my this year me and my wife both tagged out using it.