OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

for those using lounger style turkey chairs

Started by TauntoHawk, March 08, 2016, 10:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

there's a bunch of different brand turkey chairs but how are you guys carrying them? I have two, one came in a bag with a shoulder strap on the bag the bag is a pain to put the chair in and out of and the strap is tearing away from the bag. the other has a strap on the chair itself and then has a little strap hook that keeps the legs together and that plastic hook broke so if you carry it on the shoulder strap the whole chair unfolds.

I would love a simple way to either carry it in the center of my back with backpack style straps or a comfortable cross shoulder sling that keeps the chair fold up tight.

anyone find or rig something. I've considered giving one of those hammock sling style seats a go as they look comfortable but that does require an tree and the nice part about the loungers is you dont need anything so i like to set up in the Y of a blowdown rather than the base of a tree with the lounger.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

762hunter

I tied a rope to each end and can tote it like a satchel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Replaced the strap with a sling and threw the Velcro in the trash and put a mini bungee cord around it.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

alloutdoors

Bags are a pain, and the straps the chairs come with generally suck. I replaced the strap with a Quake Claw sling.

blackmagic

I use the strap from an old duffel bag.  Took velcro off and use rubber bands that hold vegetables together. 

goblr77

Quote from: davisd9 on March 08, 2016, 12:14:37 PM
Replaced the strap with a sling and threw the Velcro in the trash and put a mini bungee cord around it.

Same thing I did.

TKE921

I carry a Badlands super day pack and i strap my turkey chair and my trigger stick to the pack, using the built in straps.

Rick Howard

I use a bunge cord to hold the legs together.  I use a rope as a sling.

BowBendr

Quote from: goblr77 on March 08, 2016, 12:37:49 PM

Quote from: davisd9 on March 08, 2016, 12:14:37 PM

Same thing I did.

Same thing I do.

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

TauntoHawk

Quote from: alloutdoors on March 08, 2016, 12:26:32 PM
Bags are a pain, and the straps the chairs come with generally suck. I replaced the strap with a Quake Claw sling.

what claw sling did you get and how did you attach it to the chair then?
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

alloutdoors

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 08, 2016, 04:01:16 PM
Quote from: alloutdoors on March 08, 2016, 12:26:32 PM

what claw sling did you get and how did you attach it to the chair then?

It was one of their rifle slings that I had laying around. The chair I put it on was one of the Walmart loungers which already had mounting points for a shoulder strap that I was able to attach the sling to. I picked up a couple of Cabelas chairs last year when they were on sale but they will need to be modified to take the sling. I may drill a hole in one of the plastic feet to take a split ring and will need to figure out something for the other end.

Gamblinman

Just stick it in my game bag, standing up.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

RemingtonRules

I use the straps off my summit tree stand. I carry it like a backpack and stays in the center of my back with both hands free.

birdman67

The one I use is a Primos and it has a carrying strap. I used to have one in a bag and it was a pain.
Loving God's Creation!

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: RemingtonRules on March 09, 2016, 09:56:16 PM
I use the straps off my summit tree stand. I carry it like a backpack and stays in the center of my back with both hands free.
Would you mind posting pictures of that setup?

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps