turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

for those using lounger style turkey chairs

Started by TauntoHawk, March 08, 2016, 10:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

I picked up a deadringer hammock chair yesterday on Groupon for $35 and free shipping. See if I like that as much, need a tree but itll fit in the game bag and only weights 2lbs

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lowoctane

:morning:

When I use a chair I bungee it to
                  my pack. :camohat: 
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

tha bugman

got a lashing strap from walmart and zip tied it to the chair

stinkpickle

Tail Feathers

I use a Gobbler Lounger sack from the now defunct company that used to make them.  USA something on here I think it was?  Works like a champ.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

eddie234

Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 10, 2016, 02:24:29 PM
I use a Gobbler Lounger sack from the now defunct company that used to make them.  USA something on here I think it was?  Works like a champ.
X2 it was usahuntingear / I saw a post that flintlock girl was making striker roll up pouches. That's who made the lounger bag. Hit her up and see if she could make one?

ChiefBubba

Lounger sack for me also I don't hunt without the lounger.  Matter fact I have the Original first sack made. Got several others also with a few custom designs. One with 2 pockets for a box call and a pot call for when I'm going deep on public land. They're great usually drop a bottle of water or 2 in them and have room for a foam decoy folded up. Chief

Cut N Run

I have two Gobbler Loungers that I use quite a lot. I took off the short, junky strap that came with it right away and bought an inexpensive rifle sling to use instead. 

Also, Is there a worse idea than having velcro on a turkey hunter's chair?
I bought a small camo pet collar for $4 at WaMa that has a plastic quick-release buckle.  It works like a champ.  The collar is screwed to the top of the chair where the velcro used to be, so I'll never lose it.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

RemingtonRules

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on March 10, 2016, 12:38:21 AM

Quote from: RemingtonRules on March 09, 2016, 09:56:16 PM
I use the straps off my summit tree stand. I carry it like a backpack and stays in the center of my back with both hands free.
Would you mind posting pictures of that setup?

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

Here you are.

Tennessee Lead

Oh yeah that is awesome. I've got an extra set of straps.
Thanks so much for the pictures. I'll definitely fix mine up. That has to carry better than a sling.

RemingtonRules

You can use the sheet metal screw that held the original strap to screw the tree stand strap to the chair.  Just leave enough room to slip the loop off the top to open it.  I remove the cushion from my vest when I have my lounger.

Tennessee Lead

I got it fixed up !

Even replaced the Velcro with a buckle strap.
This will be much better than my sling

Anobody

I have an alps outdoors chair that I had seen to have back pack straps added to it. The straps themselves are quick release with caribeners. Chairs are nice but carrying them can suck
Please come follow my paracord creations on facebook as well.   On point paracord
https://www.facebook.com/100037570381935/posts/100617547867258?s=100037570381935&sfns=mo