turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Made 1997 Remington 870 20 gauge

Started by Pa.Mt.Man, March 07, 2016, 09:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pa.Mt.Man

Just picked up a used Rem 870 20 gauge made 1997.   Money is tight now and I'm limiting it to trying 2 to 3 choke tubes. What choke tubes are you guys using with federal heavyweight 7's?

Thanks!

surehuntsalot

that's easy, see if you can find a primos tightwad at your local wal mart   15-20.00
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

wvspitndrum

Mine really likes a Sumtoy with the Federal Heavyweight 7's

Philippe

Best choke for that gun with Heavyweight 7's is the Remington Super Full choke, or some of the less common Hastings chokes.

Pa.Mt.Man

Thanks fellas.
I got this off an older fella. It's mint. He said he only remembers shooting a total of 5 shots with it over the years. Only bummer is he couldn't find choke tubes. Only n got the one in the gun, in which,  is choked modified. No biggy. Sounds like I'll have to experiment with the 3 you fellas graciously provided.   So sumtoy makes a general choke as well. I thought they only did customs. Where's cheapest place to get them?  I'm assuming here through somebody......no.....

nyhunter

Mine shoots good with a sumtoy, another option would be the tru lock if your not satisfied they will refund your money.

Pa.Mt.Man

I see sumtoy has a 562-3 and a 562-5. So are those pretty made or will I have some wait time?  No biggie aslong as its only a couple weeks wait. If longer, I'll have to try some other tubes. I've heard nothing but good things about Sumtoy this or Sumtoy that. I sent them an email will see. Haven't heard anything back yet

wvspitndrum

William at Sumtoy posted the other day that he moved into a new shop and was getting it fired up , you may try giving him a call along with your email . He builds a really good choke !!

Tom Foolery

Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 07, 2016, 10:31:35 PM
that's easy, see if you can find a primos tightwad at your local wal mart   15-20.00

Great choke

Gooserbat

On a budget, Carlson's .575, Undertaker .575, I don't have experience with the tightwad but it's got a following.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Full strut

Don't look past Jebs either. They handle all HW shells well from what I've seen

Pa.Mt.Man

I never heard of Jeb. Maybe I'll look them up. I've emailed Sumtoy twice now and called last night and left a message. Still no response.

Pa.Mt.Man

I've owned a Primos tightwad,  jellyhead, undertaker and SSX and trI'd those in a bennelli 12 gauge i once i owne'd and i tried roughly the same chokes ina mossberg 535 turkey thud 12 gauge. Three chokes that I always wanted to try and never have are Indian Creek, Rhino and Pure Gold. I'm going to look Jeb up now.

Pa.Mt.Man

I'll pass on the 120.00 dollar Jeb choke .

Izzyjoe

For the money the tightwad is hard to beat! I've used them in Several 20's, and they have always shot great patterns with fed hw 7's.