OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kicks choke failure

Started by yella yelper, March 07, 2016, 09:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yella yelper

Ok I got you to read. Has anyone ever had one fail? I'll go a step farther... Have you ever HEARD of one failing? Even your cousins wife's ex-step-brother-in-laws uncle? I've never heard of a kicks failure and been kicking around getting one. I shoot lead and hevi both. I know it'll probably be safe, just curious if anyone had ever heard of one failing?  I haven't

Tom Foolery

I've shot a couple hundred round of hevi through mine.  They are built like tanks.

yella yelper

I'll add that I've shot probably 15 cases of steel shot out of one of their modified chokes. I know, apples and oranges.

Longshanks

I was replying that this would be the first one I have ever heard of that failed.

maytom

Kick's specifies not to use hevi-shot through their choke tubes.

BandedSpur

Quote from: maytom on March 07, 2016, 10:26:37 PM

I imagine the OP knows this^^^^, which is why he asked the question.

delta hunter

I have shot a lot of Hevi through mine and never had a problem.

maytom

Quote from: BandedSpur on March 08, 2016, 07:58:42 AM

If you read his post, he stated that he "did use hevi-shot" through his choke. So I guess you can't complain when things go south!! :goofball:

Ozarks Hillbilly

Quote from: Tom Foolery on March 07, 2016, 09:35:25 PM

I've shot a couple hundred round of hevi through mine.  They are built like tanks.

I have never had a issue with a Kicks choke or heard of one for that matter there is a lot more material in one of their chokes than say a IC choke. I don't remember the choke it's self saying anything about lead only.

yella yelper

Quote from: maytom on March 08, 2016, 11:00:49 AM
Quote from: BandedSpur on March 08, 2016, 07:58:42 AM

If you read his post, he stated that he "did use hevi-shot" through his choke. So I guess you can't complain when things go south!! :goofball:
If you read my post, I said I'm thinking about getting one. I know they say lead only and have also said the Winchester stuff was ok. I shoot hevi some out of different chokes other than kicks. I don't own a kicks turkey choke but thinking about getting one.

Longshanks

Quote from: Naked_Ninja2 on March 08, 2016, 02:59:52 PM
First and only one I've ever heard of was this year. I've shot a ton of Hevi through mine with no issue, and will continue to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damage the barrel?

yella yelper

I'd be interested to know the details of gun and shell being shot of you've got them. Don't just leave us hanging!

worth612000

I had a name brand choke that was rated for hevi shot fail on the first 2 shots. Not sure if it was the first that was hevi shot or the second that was lead. Point trying to get across is check your choke tube often. Better safe than sorry. I lucked up and suffered no barrel damage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

forcercon1

I had one, Remington pro bore, bulge a few yards back. I was shooting Winchester HD. I called them up, snet the choke in and got a replacement. Customer service was great.