OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Have You Ever......

Started by tomstopper, March 07, 2016, 07:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Left any food item in your vest that has went bad. My brother called me today and told me that my nephew had just brought his vest back from last season and threw it in their shed. He went out the other day to get it and found out that he left a banana and orange in the game pouch. He said that he cleaned it with the hose, laundry soap and a lot of scrubbing. Just wondering if you guys have left anything in your vest that turned into something nasty??

Tail Feathers

A Payday candy bar and some trail mix but both were in a plastic baggie so nothing got funky.
Bet he doesn't do that again!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Farmboy27

not me, but I know a guy that left a squirrel in his small game coat!!  Wasn't pretty!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich I made in March 2014 before hunting osceolas one morning.  Found it up in my game bag when I finished up my season in New York on Memorial Day weekend.  It was almost unrecognizable in the ziploc bag...

owlhoot

you know one of them dove can get pretty ripe , oh dang! 
the bird pouch and the bird got cooked in the burn barrel   :fire:

tomstopper

Dang I guess his wasn't so bad after all compared to some of you guys.....lol

Dtrkyman

renegade19

Left a bluegill in the livewell one summer.  Lots of soapy bleach water to fix that oops.

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Marc

I had a quail get inside the liner of a Filson upland vest (last day of the season of course)...  I came home, emptied the vest, and was a bird short.  I figured it had fallen out somehow, and although disappointed at losing a bird, I did not think much about it.

Couple months later the garage really started to smell...  I finally tracked the odor to my vest.  I wrote Filson, and they replaced the vest with an improved model without a liner...

No way to wash that smell out...  When I asked them what they wanted me to do with the old vest, they asked me how bad the odor was.  When I relayed my feelings, they told me I could keep it...  I tried pulling the liner out, but it made little difference... 

Even though they replaced it, it made me cry a little to throw that vest in the garbage (as it is probably one of the most expensive hunting garments I own)...  But that vest made poop smell good.

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

WisTurk

Left an apple in mine.  Didn't stink...just shriveled up to the size of a golf ball by the time I found it the next season.

yella yelper

born2hunt

I left my dove vest hanging on the porch once with a few birds in it. I can't remember what made me forget about them but when I remembered I just dreaded the thought of what I had to deal with. Well lucky for me, I may have forgotten them but the old farm cat didn't and he cleaned it out before they got bad. Probably the only thing he did that was worth a flip.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Gobble!

One fiber bar that was still good 10 months later.

perrytrails

Rabbit hunting years ago, shot a woodcock early in the day and I completely forgot it was in my game vest.

It only took a few days, it was nasty smelling for sure.