OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bought the bullet, and dropped to the 20!

Started by chatterbox, March 07, 2016, 05:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Hey guys!

Went to my local gun shop on Saturday, and found a used Mossberg turkey thug 20 ga pistol gripped.
I fell in love with the little gun! Went home, grabbed my 835, and made the trade!
She's a little beat up, as far as the camo goes, but shoots beautifully!
Brought it to the range, and shot it at 30 with the X- factor turkey choke, and got 95 in the 10" with the lead #6's, on a 32 degree day!
I am very pleased with the low recoil of the 20, and am looking forward to shooting some Heviweight 3-1.5-7's through her!
I'll post up some pics once I get her set!

FL-Boss

the HW #7 will be much better. Welcome to the 20GA club...  you'll never carry a 12 again!

davisd9

Looking forward to seeing her my friend. Made the jump myself. Still got my 835 as she has been too good to me not to keep her.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

chatterbox

Quote from: davisd9 on March 07, 2016, 05:12:30 PM
Looking forward to seeing her my friend. Made the jump myself. Still got my 835 as she has been too good to me not to keep her.

Sent from the Strut Zone
I hear you Donald! I wish I could've kept her, but can only afford one, so I made the leap!
Cannot wait to dial her in!

Farmboy27

Sure is amazing how quickly times change (and tech).  It wasn't to awful long ago that if anyone over the age of 15 said they used a 20 for turkey, people thought they were nuts!  Now I find myself picking up 20s all the time thinking "man, this would make a nice turkey gun"!!

owlhoot

Quote from: Farmboy27 on March 07, 2016, 06:04:38 PM
Sure is amazing how quickly times change (and tech).  It wasn't to awful long ago that if anyone over the age of 15 said they used a 20 for turkey, people thought they were nuts!  Now I find myself picking up 20s all the time thinking "man, this would make a nice turkey gun"!!
uh oh that's the first symptom of 20 gauge fever, lol

Farmboy27

I'm sure my wife would be praying you're wrong! Lol!

owlhoot

Just tell her it will save money on future shoulder surgery and cornea repair from the 3 1/2" cannon you were using ! And dont forget the memory loss one , it may help you remember what she just said :z-dizzy:

lowoctane

Quote from: owlhoot on March 07, 2016, 07:29:29 PM
Just tell her it will save money on future shoulder surgery and cornea repair from the 3 1/2" cannon you were using ! And dont forget the memory loss one , it may help you remember what she just said :z-dizzy:
[/quote
What'd he say..?   :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

WAGinVA

Get the 3 inch Federal Heavyweight #7 and you will never look back.

Full strut

I'm about to be a member myself. Gonna have fun customizing a 870 youth 20 this summer  :funnyturkey:

tree-rat sniper

Caution, they become addictive!  I'm on 20 #3 in 3 years! ;)
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

Extremesolo

Try a carlsons .575 in that Mossberg.  I tried a few different chokes in my Mossberg 20 and was totally satisfied with the results from the 3" #7 HW and the carlsons.  It is fairly inexpensive as well.