OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Show us the best birds you've taken....

Started by dawgfrombama, March 06, 2016, 06:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawgfrombama

Since turkey season is upon us, let's see those big birds that keep us coming back every year.

wvmntnhick

My best to date is the one in my avatar. Can't recall the weight at the moment but I'm guessing he was around 20-21#. Maybe more, maybe less. The beard was 12" long and his Spurs were 1-1/2". He was the best to date. Not the most memorable but the best.

fallhnt

Look at my avatar. This web site is so hard to post pics I just want to say,"picture this". It is easy to put a pic in the avatar. I don't get it. ???
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

fountain2

Best eastern with a bow..11.5" beard and 1.5" spur

captpete

Sorry, I don't have a pic of my biggest. It was actually my first bird...24lbs. and 11" beard...don't remember the spurs.
My best bird was a double with my buddy. The bird itself was nothing special...weighed 20-21lbs., 10 beard, 1" spurs..but it is a pretty special memory me.

fountain2

My Osceola from 2015.  Don't recall the beard length..these spurs kinda took the icing...

Cleveland48

^^those are some wicked hooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fountain2

For some reason I can't post any other pics now

I killed a 23# rio with 1 3/8 and 1 5/16 spurs a
A Merriam with 1 5/16 and 1 1/4 spurs

MK M GOBL

Here's one from my "Top 10 List"

MK M GOBL

Dr Juice

Quote from: fountain2 on March 06, 2016, 09:11:55 PM
For some reason I can't post any other pics now

I killed a 23# rio with 1 3/8 and 1 5/16 spurs a
A Merriam with 1 5/16 and 1 1/4 spurs
Awesome - Those are two impressive stats.

Dr Juice

Whoops ... Forgot to post this bird from VA. Not weighed but was a boss!

bigbird

My best was a 26 pound bird with 1.75" spurs the beard was just an average 10"
My sons is 25lb 1.5" spurs and a double beard 12.5" and 10.75"

dawgfrombama

Alabama eastern 10.25 beard and 10inch beard. Inch spurs

Kansas bird. 11 inch beard 1.5 spurs  27lbs.

Kentucky Eastern 12inch beard 1.25spurs 22 lbs

TauntoHawk

Not sure how to quantify best... Beard, spur, weight total nwtf scoring?

So I'll go with my most prized bird. This was a real treat I battled this bird a few days on and off over the season, he roosted on top a big hill deep deep in the public land timber. Giant 50ft bluff on one side and wide open on the other. I set up a few times toward the base of the hill where he should come down through on the way to some near by private farms but this bird literally stopped gobbling and vanished from the hill top every morning at fly down. Last day of the season I decide to go for broke hiked the 2miles back in plus an extra 500yds to circle around the steep bluff an extra 30min early and set up directly ontop the hill where he usually sounded off from. Ended up 35yrds from his roost tree and he landed at 18steps after a few soft clucks. Took a few minutes to notice the double spurs on both legs

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DocHolliday

My index finger measures 2" to the joint just beyond the tip of that spur. One was 1 3/4" and the other a shade shorter.