turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Old school ammo xtended range.

Started by Dirtybird552, March 06, 2016, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirtybird552

Run up on 30 boxes of old school xtended range 2 3/4 6's. Back in the day this was my favorite ammo. Me and my brother killed a truck load of birds with this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farmboy27

Damn!  Great shells. And check out the price :drool:

Dirtybird552

I bought 10 boxes! Lol

Farmboy27

Dr Juice

gaswamp

Dirtybird552

I really wish it would of been 3 or 3.5, but I just tickled I found some!

Izzyjoe

Good deal, there's nothing wrong with 2.75!

owlhoot

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Dirtybird552

Well I got to shoot some of these through my old NEF single shot today. Shot it at 25 yards just to see how it would pattern. I'm pretty pleased with it for a 2 3/4 she'll.

Quax

In the 2.75, I have actually had better results from the supreme elite xrhd than the old shell.. Overall, I've been a little disappointed with both shells at 40yds.  I found them both to be pretty picky from my two guns. shells may end up in the classifieds soon.

Nice pattern DB5!

Tomcat655

Dirtybird552

Quote from: Quax on March 16, 2016, 09:13:53 PM
In the 2.75, I have actually had better results from the supreme elite xrhd than the old shell.. Overall, I've been a little disappointed with both shells at 40yds.  I found them both to be pretty picky from my two guns. shells may end up in the classifieds soon.

Nice pattern DB5!
im kind of dedicated to the old shells now, I bought another 3 boxes last weekend for a total of 13 boxes. All of them the same lot number. Im glad they shoot well out of my single shot. I'm almost afraid to polish my barrel with it shooting like that. Lol

TrkyHntr

A friend of mine still shoots those in his old browning A5. He had the smooth bore slug barrel threaded for chokes. He uses a stock browning .660 and averages 140-150 in a 10" circle at 40 yds.

He's big enough to ride in my truck!