OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

No Face Mask for me.

Started by Moore, March 06, 2016, 01:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moore

How many of you are face painters. Last season I switch to using face paint in KS, since I forgot my mask at my relatives house that I was staying at for the week. I love paint because my glasses don't fog like they do with a mask, and I can setup quickly and not worrying about  getting my mask on. The down side is getting the crap off, until I found this company CarboMask. This stuff is awesome doesn't even feel like your wearing it and  comes off easily with water and light rubbing. This stuff hold op well in the rain. I'm never wearing a mask again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuhR6KZtiNM
[

wvmntnhick

As a guy that also wears glasses, I feel your pain. As for paint, I've got mixed feelings on that one. Just started wearing paint for bow hunting in the last couple years. Something happened and now, wearing a mask in bow season, my anchor isn't consistent enough for me to feel confident when releasing an arrow. Like you, I'm not a fan of the removal process. I've found it easier to just keep a few alcohol wipes to clean my glasses and an anti fog wipe in my vest at all times. Makes my life simpler to some degree. OMMV.

OldSchool

I'm not a big fan of headnets, but when the mosquitos and blackflies are bad It's almost impossible for me to hunt without one. When I can get away with it, I like to use a camo bandana Jessie James style and pull my hat brim down low.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Greg Massey

Does it come off if you wipe the sweat off your face?

Farmboy27

Tried using face paint many years ago late in the season.  I figured it wouldn't be as hot as a mask. I ended up hunting in a swampy area that day and, by the time I was done, I had what seemed like 500 mosquitos stuck to my face!!  Haven't tried it since!  But I do know a few fellas use it all the time and a few that don't use anything (mask or paint).

turkey_slayer

I rarely wear one and have never did the paint.  I just pull my cap bill down low. By the time he sees me it should be to late. Same with gloves. Rarely wear them unless it's chilly

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OldSchool

It does look a heck of a lot more user friendly than most of the other stuff I've seen. The only time I use any paint is during bow season for deer, but I may try some of this. I always wished somebody would come out with some that dried rubbery so it could just be peeled off. This may be the next best thing to that.

Thanks Moore,

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

Hankyorke

Burn the end of a wine cork...

Stickbow98

The 2 best solutions I have found for the glass fogging problem are first, this specifically designed mask...

http://www.bunkerhead.net/bunkerhead-facemasks

And the glass cleaning/treating product: PARKER'S PERFECT

This stuff really works great! I keep a small spray bottle and a cloth in my pocket all the time while afield.  :icon_thumright:

"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

TN Beard Buster

Carbo Mask is the stuff!! Been using it for about 5 years now. Dries smooth and won't wipe off clearing sweat and holds up in the rain. It's carbon based, so it helps with scent control during deer season. I carry field wipes in my truck and one wipe will clean my off what I have on with little effort!! I personally use a mask, as well as carbo mask under my eyes to reduce glare. That way my glasses don't fog up on me. IMO.

Moore

Its paint so you will have reapply it like any other face paint.
[

catman529

Never tried the face paint. Won't say I won't, but I use a mesh mask sometimes. Often I find myself not wearing anything but a cap. This year I got a new Bottomland mesh face mask so I will be using that often.

Hookinembig

I've been debating on switching to face paint but the mosquitoes keep me from switching in the spring. Also I wear a scent shield face mask in the fall when deer hunting to help keep any scent down and to help with bugs during bow season. I wear gloves for the same reason in both spring and fall as well.

Narf

Quote from: catman529 on March 07, 2016, 12:23:06 AM
Never tried the face paint. Won't say I won't, but I use a mesh mask sometimes. Often I find myself not wearing anything but a cap. This year I got a new Bottomland mesh face mask so I will be using that often.
I'm with you. . I wear glasses in the field and use a 3/4 mesh face mask only pull up when I'm seated. Never had a problem hogging up my glasses and there's no paint to mess with.

I once forgot my hat and face mask. . I killed a bird right of the roast with little branches tucked into my headlamp's elastic band.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tha bugman

If its cold/cool I stick with a headnet.  If its warm/hot facepaint is the only way to go for me.