turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Central HQ

Started by tha bugman, March 05, 2016, 07:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Where is the central headquarters for your stuff? (Clothes vest etc.) mine is hanging in the rocker by the fireplace.  I have given strict instructions to The Boss Hen and lil poults not to touch,move or even look at it.  When I get up in the morning I want to dress, grab, and go! I don't care if the cleaning ladies are coming or not my stuff is not to be moved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomstopper

After season it's in a closet in the spare bedroom.
During season it's in my truck under my tonneau cover and always ready to go.

dirt road ninja

It's all shares time between the house near the back door, closet, garage, and truck.

wmn2

We have a 2.5 car garage and there's a small area for like workspace. That's where my safe and all my gear is. No one but me goes in that space. It's MINE.

turkeyfoot

closet during winter and have designated space in den that no one goes near geep my junk there through season so as to not have to dig it out

Tail Feathers

During the season, it's either in the back seat of my truck or on the bench in the mud room near the back door begging to go to the woods.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Dr Juice

My basement closet

bigbird

I'm kind of anal about mine too! I have everything separated. I empty out the vest at the end of every season and put calls and accessories in their proper totes or mouth calls in the fridge. I keep my camo separated so all of my spring hunting clothing are in one tote and that makes it easier to inventory my stuff to get ready for out of state hunts. And it is all stored indoors.

OldSchool

To the dismay of my girlfriend, my turkey hunting clothes and vest hang on a barstool at the kitchen counter during the spring and fall seasons. My boots go under the stool. During the off season, it gets put into what I refer to as my hunting closet.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

BowBendr

HQ central
Built a scent-free room off the west wing of the man cave.

The other gear is all about the cave. Guns and bows are in safes.

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

Happy

For now I keep it in the basement. When the man cave is completed it will get moved over there.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

fallhnt

BowBendr, my hunt closet is identical to yours. The walls in mine are drywall and I don't have the Stars and Bars in it but it is a good set up. Having said that, my vest is in my truck all spring and fall under the tonneau cover ,ready to roll. In the off season it hangs in the hunting closet.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

tha bugman

Quote from: OldSchool on March 05, 2016, 11:30:32 AM
To the dismay of my girlfriend, my turkey hunting clothes and vest hang on a barstool at the kitchen counter during the spring and fall seasons. My boots go under the stool. During the off season, it gets put into what I refer to as my hunting closet.

Bob
ha ha ha!  If she understands your passion and doesn't give you any grief about hunting them you better hang onto her.  She's a keeper!!

tha bugman

Quote from: BowBendr on March 05, 2016, 11:37:25 AM
HQ central
Built a scent-free room off the west wing of the man cave.

The other gear is all about the cave. Guns and bows are in safes.

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions
this is awesome!

OldSchool

Quote from: tha bugman on March 06, 2016, 04:47:47 AM

Quote from: OldSchool on March 05, 2016, 11:30:32 AM

Bob
ha ha ha!  If she understands your passion and doesn't give you any grief about hunting them you better hang onto her.  She's a keeper!!

I don't have much choice but to keep her. We've been together for a long time and I'd hate to have to break in another one at this point, lol.

Seriously though, she does understand how much hunting means to me and she cuts me a lot of slack because of it. The first couple years weren't all smooth sailing. Give and take. ;)

Bob

Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.