turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ronnie Cuz Strickland- Vest Dump

Started by tha bugman, March 04, 2016, 05:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

I'm trying this shoulder bag this year. Holds about the same amount he carries or a couple more calls if you want. Great bag I think.

http://www.brossie.com/shoulder-hunting-bag.html

drenalinld

And a man that can run a tube like that doesn't need anyone calling for him.

Gen273

Love his videos, he is a sure enough turkey hunter and cut his teeth on some of the hardest public woods around in his earlier days. 

HOOKS1

Quote from: kcrebel on March 04, 2016, 11:37:39 PM
Quote from: mlisandro on March 04, 2016, 08:52:13 PM
Im sure he doesn't need many calls when others call for him.
Cuz is as good of a guy as you will ever meet.  Absolute salt of the earth and I'm honored to call him my friend. 
He spends most of his time hunting with his grandkids and other children growing our turkey hunter ranks.  That said he does all of his own calling unless he's behind the camera. 
Helps to know a little about someone before making such an uninformed statement like that.  :)

He's a great caller and hunter an even a better person. Use to call in some contests with him back in the early 80's. He sure doesn't need any help calling a gobbler!

Marc

I like his vest...

He has but I do not:

• Shears
  • crow call
  • Pot call (I kept losing those little sticks)
  • Tube call

I have but he does not:

• 2 box calls (and chalk)
  • A few more diaphragm calls (mine are on a lanyard as well)
  • Gobble call
  • Snacks
  • GPS (they would still be looking for me somewhere if I did not have one)
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

tha bugman

Quote from: wvmntnhick on March 04, 2016, 07:50:58 PM
Well, now I feel as if I'm over stocked.
HA HA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tha bugman

Quote from: sixbird on March 04, 2016, 09:17:23 PM
Whew! Man, that's pared down!
I'm feeling like I maybe am overcompensating for my inadequacies...I need to weight train before the season to be able to carry all the stuff I do... :-[
????

tha bugman

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 04, 2016, 08:25:40 PM
After seeing that i need to put over half my stuff for sale on craigslist...lol
lol

tha bugman

If I am at it in the woods all day then I take more stuff if I'm taking kids I take a vest as they love running different calls and gotta have food lol if I'm running and gunning then I take about what he does

tha bugman

My favorite part was when Cuz said he doesnt have a cushion his butt is enough. LOL!

Gamblinman

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on March 04, 2016, 08:16:47 PM
I like those straps on that vest. Wish I could put those on mine.

In theory, they are a great idea. Actual use, not so much. I hunted out of a Dixon vest for a couple of years and those straps had a bad habit of binding on my shoulder and back and limiting movement. I went with the Limbhanger, which is basically the same vest without those Quake shoulder straps and it really freed up my movement when sitting down and trying to move.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

TrackeySauresRex

MANNNN...If I could crank on a tube like Mr.Strickland. I'd have a brand new water bottle holder too. Lolol! I could definitely do a little bit of downsizing. There's been manny a time when I didn't need anything,except that double reed. I'm a little surprised he had no glass pot. I believe you really don't need much,and I'm talking about turkey calls. However,it's nice to have options. I'm also liking the face paint thing we've all lost our net a few times. I could go to a box,slate,wing bone,a few reeds,with 2 locator calls and that would lighten the load. Not forgetting the TP   :funnyturkey:
Great video right there.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Dtrkyman

I carry about the same, binos are optional as is the thermacel, do not always need either.  no extra mask or gloves

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Treerooster on March 05, 2016, 11:26:08 AM
Wow...that water bottle of his is noisy.

Yup, we have noticed that and ditched "water bottles" they are such a thin material and noisy. I do carry a water bottle but I use a Mountain Dew bottle, green in color and doesn't crinkle.

MK M GOBL

tomstopper

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 05, 2016, 03:30:16 PM
Quote from: Treerooster on March 05, 2016, 11:26:08 AM
Wow...that water bottle of his is noisy.

Yup, we have noticed that and ditched "water bottles" they are such a thin material and noisy. I do carry a water bottle but I use a Mountain Dew bottle, green in color and doesn't crinkle.

MK M GOBL
This is what I use for water or ice tea. Fits on the side of my tactical tater II vest.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Outdoor-Products-1L-Cyclone-Water-Bottle-Blue/36547631