only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi shot to Long Beard XR?

Started by Cutt, March 03, 2016, 04:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

Quote from: jims on March 26, 2016, 07:15:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwg_H8SoK8U

Most reviews I found on YouTube and elsewhere showed the XR's a tighter group at long range.  That's what I've gone with and haven't missed a turkey yet at reasonable range.

They are comparing it at 60 yards, which is too far for any load, let alone a lead load? As they were advocating, anything beyond 40, the XR's were the better choice, great advice!

Bolandstrutters

I switched when I bought a new 835 last year.   I wasn't interested in trying to find a choke the hevis liked.   The first box of 3 inch #5's patterened unbelievably out of the stock Turkey choke. 

Swamp Hunter

Small Hevi shot in turkey breast = cracked tooth, dental implant and $4,000 bill.

After many years of shooting Federal copper plated 4's I went to Hevi for about five years and now I switched to LB #4. I get 120-150 in 10" at 40 yds.  Still plenty enough to consistently kill a bird but fewer and bigger pellets means less pellets end up in my mouth. Trust me, those little, hard pellets are tough on teeth and I am surprised more people don't talk about cracked teeth on OG.

Good luck and keep your shots high if you go with Hevi Shot.