OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Is This For Real????

Started by mote1977, March 03, 2016, 03:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Quote from: kjnengr on March 03, 2016, 03:56:48 PM
For good fun, put some of those out on some heavily pressured public land and get far away and watch.   :fud:  :OGani:  :goofball:

Back when we had pheasants in California, we had a friend who had some property with a few birds, and he was paranoid that someone would come in and poach and kill "his" birds.

A bunch of us went on a very successful three-day pheasant hunting trip, and I saved all the heads of the pheasants and piled them in his parking lot...  Pretty sure the FBI was called in to investigate...

Back OT...  Actually that head looks pretty good...  Could work to replace the head of another crappy jake decoy I have, or be a good option for someone making a decoy with a jake cape... 

I remain dubious about climbing up a tree and inserting those heads where I want birds to roost though...  Heck, I remain dubious about climbing a tree period...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Cutt

If they are hollow, they'd make a good ball hitch cover for your truck.

SteelerFan

Well, if Brian T. & Jeff G. say they work...  they must be good! I'm gonna wait for the "Roost Hen", myself. I mean, really...how stupid do they think we are? Hen heads are going to attract A LOT more gobblers. Just sayin'

ACTUALLY WORKS! Brian T. on Mar 02, 2016
I ordered a few last week and they showed up the other day. I have a flock of birds nearby but they do not roost on my property. I put two of these heads in the big oak tree behind my house and guess what? They birds actually hung out there all afternoon today and gobbled up at the decoy heads. What's even more wild is they fly up in that tree tonight to roost. Couldn't believe it. Very happy so far.

CAN'T WAIT TO TRY MINE. Jeff G. on Mar 01, 2016
Just arrived. Great quality, very sharp bright coloring. Can't wait to put the 4 out shortly in the tree I want them to use more often for roosting. Their other roost is across the road on private property I can't access so this could be a huge help for me.

:goofball:

owlhoot

It is because of the funky chickin !   THEY ARE FOR SALE EVERYWHERE  .

These just save a few bucks because they don't come with the CHICKEN !

jakesdad

I'm not buying any until they come out with the gun barrel attachment so I can sneak right up on unsuspecting gobblers.   :fud:

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Flounder

I bet they come in a egg carton! A dozen fer $2.50. Organic!

tomstopper

Quote from: Gobble! on March 03, 2016, 05:17:33 PM
That's a steal! Take my money!
Yep especially when they are telling you that your saving $23 which puts the original cost at $43. Better hurry up and get them now... :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Mike Honcho

I'm going to paint my gun like a tree branch, mount one or two on the barrel, sit back and shoot'em as they fly in to roost on my gun.

Anyone want to buy some calls....probably won't need them anymore!

Swampchickin234

Quote from: wvmntnhick on March 03, 2016, 04:53:40 PM
If this truly takes off, I'm going to start selling 20 ounce bottles of purified instant water. You'll just need to add 20 ounces of your favorite purified water.
lol lol lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mote1977

OldSchool

Quote from: jakesdad on March 03, 2016, 08:34:41 PM
I'm not buying any until they come out with the gun barrel attachment so I can sneak right up on unsuspecting gobblers.   :fud:

Agreed!  :toothy9:

The sad part is, they'll probably make a small fortune on them.  ::)

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

ThunderChickenHunter21

Quote from: Cutt on March 03, 2016, 07:07:21 PM
If they are hollow, they'd make a good ball hitch cover for your truck.

^^This lol