turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A tribute to Dick Kirby

Started by shootumindaface, March 31, 2011, 09:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shootumindaface

Turkey Thugs show with all Dick Kirby hunts and interviews from the past.. Thought some of you may want to check it out..

http://www.pursuitchannel.com/ShowDetail.asp?ShowID=130

hobbes

Thanks!  I haven't watched a Quaker Boy video in years, but they were some of the first intsructional videos (VHS) that I watched back in the early 90's.

TrackeySauresRex

Yes, I saw that episode. Truly an awesome individual and a great tribute to a turkey hunting legend.  Thank you for all he has done for our sport of turkey hunting.
RIP Dick
:jesus-cross:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

LX_Trkyhntr

Quote from: hobbes on March 31, 2011, 10:15:13 AM
Thanks!  I haven't watched a Quaker Boy video in years, but they were some of the first intsructional videos (VHS) that I watched back in the early 90's.

Same here!  I used some of those to learn to call and how to turkey hunt.
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

hobbes

Does anyone know if their older videos are available on DVD.  All I see on their site is a few newer DVD's.  Are these worth watching or have they followed along with the rest of them and spend tons of time telling my why I need a blind and strutting decoy?

spur collector

drum817

That was a VERY cool episode....Thanks Tom.....R.I.P. Mr. Kirby
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

harvester

GobbleNut

Great stuff, Shootum!  Thanks for posting it up!

timbrhuntr

Thanks for posting that.

When I first started turkey hunting nobody I new did it where I am in Ontario. I bought a Quacker boy video and then a box call, slate and a single reed mouth call. I still use the pot and box and just threw the mouth call away last year as it is/was totally worn out. Without the advice from Mr. Kirby and his easy going tone on that video I probably would have quit before I realized how much fun turkey hunting is.

allchokedup

I saw it too and it was a great show. You could see the love of turkey hunting in Mr. Kirby, a great man and turkey hunter. R.I.P. Mr. Kirby

FttFttVroom!

I've only seen Mr. Kirby in one of my videos in his later years......he still had quite the passion for hunting them and you could tell he had seen better days up until he was hoisting a big ole longbeard back to the truck.  He looked like a happy teenager then!

2labs

This was a very sad loss to the hunting community, Dick was a Icon!! RIP Dick Kirby.

chcltlabz

He was definitely a pioneer.  We all lost a great one.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.