Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

IL....hunting hours end at 1:00 and youth season is TWO days long. wth
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

dirt road ninja

chadly

Iowa youth is April 9-17 (two full weekends).  Hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise to sunset for all turkey seasons.  If the youth does not get his/her turkey they can then use that tag for any other adult season until they get their turkey.  I asked about this at the state fair DNR tent last summer to make sure I understood correctly.  So basically the youth can hunt April 9 - May 22.  Its similar for deer hunting. State of Iowa has good program for the youth. 

Farmboy27

Here in PA youth is only one day.  Actually only half a day (ends at 12:00 pm).  The first 2 weeks of our season we can hunt till noon.  The 2nd 2 weeks we can hunt all day. 

jakesdad

MO youth hunt is 2 days/hunt all day.

Regular season hunt stops at 1pm............for now(rumor is changes are a comin')

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

TN Beard Buster

Tennessee is all day hunting, all season. Youth season is March 26-27.

born2hunt

Here in FL the youth season is 2 days.  On private it's all day,  on public its 1:00. That sucks,  last year me and my daughter had to leave one gobbling because we were out of time.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Dr Juice

NY Youth Turkey season is 23&24 April 2016; hunting hours are 1/2 hour before sunrise to noon;  and a youth is allowed to take one bearded bird. Youth must hunt with an adult.

MK M GOBL

Wisconsin has a Youth Weekend before our Regular seasons start, If the youth does not fill the tag they get to use it for another 7 day season, depending on tags issued dates. So 9 days to hunt...

MK M GOBL

hobbes

Hunt pretty much dark to dark in MT ( 1/2 hr before to 1/2 hr after).

We have a youth deer, waterfowl, and pheasant season, but no youth turkey season. There are some special draw tags set apart for youth only.

tha bugman

MS opens to youth only for a week...can hunt all day :fud: :OGani:

MK M GOBL

Wisconsin also has a "Learn to Hunt" program that is a week early of youth season (weekend) and is open to anyone who has not hunted turkey. Our Sportsman's Clubs Program consists mostly of kids but we do get a few adults once in awhile.

MK M GOBL

Bowguy

NJ is April 23, 1/2 hr before sunrise til noon. NY same except April 23-24. While we're on it everyone find a kid to take n don't forget the girls

Cottonmouth

In MS we can hunt all day. What's the reasoning behind the 1pm closing in some states? I've always wondered that.