News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Hunters make for good forum members

Started by clfergus, February 29, 2016, 02:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 29, 2016, 08:43:41 PM
I agree.  This is a good site.  A lot of that has to do with the fact that Shannon has tried to weed out the riff-raff and troublemakers.  Come to think of it, I am a bit surprised I have made it this long.   ;D :toothy12:
×2, you sure do cause alot of trouble. Lol you know I'm kidding. Bunch of good guys here.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

HOOKS1

Quote from: clfergus on February 29, 2016, 02:17:32 PM
I am a member at multiple forums from gun sites to deer hunting sites. I don't post that often on here but I have noticed that the posts and replies on this site are typically interesting and informative. I don't know why but I feel like on gun forums and especially deer hunting forums someone always gets offended and the arguments fill up the next 3 pages.

Am I the only one who has this opinion of OG vs many other forum sites?

No, I agree with you and I also don't post a lot, however I've be a member from the very beginning even before we had to sign back up because of a sever change. This is great site and anyone wanting to participate on a deer hunting forum should check out the hunting beast site.

WildTigerTrout

I have been a member of this site for a few years , it is informative, entertaining a great place to be when you cannot be in the turkey woods. I also belong to another site that is the same way but it's a bunch of fly fisherman. Both are GREAT. :icon_thumright:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Gooserbat

I belong to 5 forums and OG has a certain attitude that's not found on other forums.  Now there are a couple of other places that maintain a good attitude. That said OG is a good collection of nutjobs.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Smooth_Operator

I'm a member of quite a few other forums as well and OG is head and shoulders above any that I've seen. If y'all think some of the deer hunting forums are bad go check out some of the duck hunting forums, gotta have some mighty thick skin to take part in some of those, lol. Shannon has done a great job, along with all the great members here, to keep this place the best hunting forum around!

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

beakbuster10

OG is what all other forums should aspire to become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder

I was just thinking the other day that OG is a dang good forum. I have made a few post so far and have had recommendations and good replies to each one. I can say without a doubt this is one of the best forums out there. Thanks everyone for making it a good place for people to come and get information on the sport, with good advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbcoach

This GREAT site starts with the administrators.  They have set simple rules to BE NICE, if you sell something you have to have PICS, stand by the 40 yard rule, don't post DRAMA and they monitor and will ban you if you don't follow a few simple rules.  As far as the members, they follow the simple rules, are very knowledgeable and willing to share their knowledge and believe in the Joe Friday rule, "Just the facts Mam, just the facts."  GREAT Administrators, Great Site, Great People!!!!! 

Fan Club

I agree.  This is a good site.  A lot of that has to do with the fact that Shannon has tried to weed out the riff-raff and troublemakers.  Come to think of it, I am a bit surprised I have made it this long.   ;D :toothy12:

Yep, you didn't last long on that other forum because you are such an elitist... lol, seriously good to see you my old friend! Still would like to take you up on that hunt we talked about so long ago, one of these years!

"Really, it's just like a musical instrument. If I'd have spent the same amount of time practicin' the piano as I have practicin' turkey calls, I'd be as good as Liberace."  Ben Rogers Lee

OldSchool

In my opinion, this site and the people here are the best thing since turkey hunting. :icon_thumright:

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

clfergus

Thanks for all of the replies, glad to see others agree with my view of the site. Thanks again for all of the help everyone has given me as I put my new gun to use this year.

uarobert

In my experience, duck hunting forums/facebook have been the worst. Don't really know what makes this place so different. Maybe the admins just weed out the troublemakers. I'm starting to think that turkey hunters just have a different mindset, though.

Farmboy27

We turkey hunters have a different mindset that's for sure!!  Don't know if that's good or bad, but one things for sure....We're all a little nuts and we like it that way!! :happy0064:

Marc

I agree.  This is a good site.  A lot of that has to do with the fact that Shannon has tried to weed out the riff-raff and troublemakers. 

Odd...  I am still able to post???

Bird hunting is my passion, and waterfowl tops my list...  Turkey hunting appeals to me for many of the same reasons... Calling birds in, and getting them close...  The anticipation of working birds...  The excitement before shooting time when hearing or (in the case of waterfowl) seeing bird activity...  And both activities often require problem solving (to be consistently successful), which I admittedly enjoy.

Growing up waterfowling, and being in the infantile stages of turkey hunting, I probably learn a bit more on this turkey hunting site than I do on the waterfowling site...  But admittedly, I have learned a lot about ballistics, ammunition, choking, and habitat management on the waterfowling sites as well as this site...

I find turkey hunting to be far more frustrating...  One day I call in a bird from a quarter mile away, and the rest of the season they hang up at 70 yards...  And I NEED to know why...

I keep telling myself "Be the turkey..."  My wife would say I am well on my way to success in that aspect, but it has not made me anymore successful in the field.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

kyturkeyhunter4

Best site on the web by far, and the people on here are great also. :icon_thumright: