OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Hunters make for good forum members

Started by clfergus, February 29, 2016, 02:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clfergus

I am a member at multiple forums from gun sites to deer hunting sites. I don't post that often on here but I have noticed that the posts and replies on this site are typically interesting and informative. I don't know why but I feel like on gun forums and especially deer hunting forums someone always gets offended and the arguments fill up the next 3 pages.

Am I the only one who has this opinion of OG vs many other forum sites?

headshot870

I've been a member of this site for quite a few years now, & I have to commend the members. There are always going to be arguments on any discussion forum,  but the OG members are some of  the best at disagreeing but staying civil to one another. Because of this attitude,  I  fully recommend this site to anyone looking for info on chasing the king of spring.

Hoping y'all have a phenomenal season.

Nathan

Farmboy27

I only became a member of this site a few days ago but I have visited the forums many, many times in the past several years.  The reason I became a member was because of the friendly atmosphere and willing ness of the members to share info and tactics and not be judgemental or critical of others!  Definitely feel welcome and feel this is the best hunting forum on the web!! :you_rock:

fallhnt

This site and a bowfishing site I'm on are great. The others get kind of off topic a lot.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Muzzy61

This is a great forum. Every one is helpful and respectful, can't same the same for a lot of other sites.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

backwater

Very true.  This is one of just a few sites that I would recommend to a new hunter. 

BowBendr

Ive about whittled it down to just OG, don't care for arguing. The folks on here do a good job of being funny, informative and civil, but dead serious about turkeys, guns and how to hunt them.

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

ElkTurkMan

I visit four outdoor forums and OG is my favorite. I consider it home.

turkeyfoot

Agree some people just got to thin skin for a forum and look for an argument I'd rather have a good discussion myself and we don't have to agree I appreciate other point of view especially since I'm of the age to now know I'm not always right

Happy

This is the only forum I have joined. I love a good discussion as well. And we all know that die hard turkey hunters are usually pretty opinionated, myself included. It's when it gets to the name calling and personal attacks that I bow out. Most guys keep it very civil here and for that reason it's the best.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

TN Beard Buster

I'm in total agreement!!! On a FB deer hunting page that I frequent, if you mention shooting a 1 1/2 or 2 1/2 yr old buck, you are totally disrespected. On here, Shannon won't put up with that crap!! I feel as long as your are hunting legally and ethically, we should praise and congrat each other. If something is a trophy to someone, they shouldn't be be ostracized! This site is for us to share stories and techniques that have worked for us. Yes, at times there will be differences of opinions, but in the end we treat each other as equals. I love this forum and have made some truly awesome friends over the last few years I've been a member and I hope to make more in the future!!

SteelerFan

This site SUCKS!! Do you have ANY IDEA how much $$ this place has cost me!!

Lol... It is refreshing not to have  every single topic spin into other topics & debates. I've lurked for quite awhile, but I have found this site to be extremely entertaining and informative, and deserving of joining and supporting. Thanks to all.

Buzzkiller

The best site I have been part of .
Get to learn from some great hunters on here.
The bad part is that it's bad for my bank account

GobbleNut

I agree.  This is a good site.  A lot of that has to do with the fact that Shannon has tried to weed out the riff-raff and troublemakers.  Come to think of it, I am a bit surprised I have made it this long.   ;D :toothy12: