turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 835??

Started by Trad1, February 28, 2016, 04:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trad1

Going to get a new turkey gun this spring and going towards the Mossberg 835.Just want to have the use of  a 3 1/2 if needed.Any 835 die hards out there?

bbcoach

Welcome to OG!  There are plenty of 835 owners on here.  They are Shooters.  I've owned mine for about 10 years.  They shoot Hevi's and Longbeards really well with chokes in the .670-.676 range.  I don't have anything negative to say about mine.  Good Luck with your search. 

Ericbrooks

I love my 835! No need for 3.5" though!! Those things kick like a mule with a synthetic stock! Lol

Tennessee Lead

No complaints from me. Been carrying a 835 for 15 years.
My Dad still using his old school 835

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

Happy

Love the 835 and 3.5 shell.  All about the overkill.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Trad1 on February 28, 2016, 04:38:58 PM
Going to get a new turkey gun this spring and going towards the Mossberg 835.Just want to have the use of  a 3 1/2 if needed.Any 835 die hards out there?

Let me add my welcome to OG. We look forward to hearing more from you.

I've been shooting an 835 for many years, including one of the newer models with the Matthews recoil reduction system. I watched the quality of those guns just get better and better over the years. They are excellent shooters.

I would encourage you to "deep clean" the bore of that gun. It helps all guns but especially the 835s http://allaboutshooting.com/blogs/blog/tagged/cleaning-a-shotgun-barrel

I'd also add that while it's good to have the option of the 3.5" shells, the 3" will really do all that's necessary and save you the recoil of the longer shells. The 3" shells will allow you to get back on target more quickly for a second shot. You never know when you may need a follow-up shot.

Good luck with your new gun in the upcoming season and again, welcome to OG.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Trad1 on February 28, 2016, 04:38:58 PM
Any 835 die hards out there?
Nope! No 835 die hards here. Lolol!  :funnyturkey:

:wagon: Enjoy the site tons of us shooting that Ol Mossy 835. Check the pattern board . There's great info here on OG. :anim_25:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Trad1

Thanks for the quick feed back and awsome forum.Will let you all know how this gun works out...................

Bowguy

Welcome brother. The 835 is pretty much a perfect gun. I've used one since the early 90s. Never had a prob. Great gun

cjr1

I've got a year one 835 I still use for turkey hunting. Solid guns. I've shot, 1,000's of rounds thru mine with years of duck and goose hunting.

They are heavy and not the most glamorous gun by a long shot. But, they go bang when you pull the trigger and for a turkey gun they are very hard to beat. Enjoy it!

kdsberman

The 835 is king.  Buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sierra6

I own 4 dedicated turkey guns now and have owned more than a dozen over the years.  Some of them "B" guns that cost near an arm & a leg.  I've owned my 835 since 1990.  Ive spent many hours at the bench patterning and experimenting with loads and chokes.  As for patterns and killing Turkeys......... You can spend more money, BUT you won't get more gun.   The 835 is as good as it gets!
"When the Turkeys ain't gobblin, it's tough to make em stop!"

coyotetrpr

I bought my first 835 in 94 and USED it hard for 20 years. It was far from worn out but I wanted a new turkey gun. I went and bought another 835 and now have two. I just cant see how a guy can go wrong with the 835. Just my opinion, but I hope it helps.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.