turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

FAVORITE TURKEY VEST DEBATE 2016

Started by TeamCF, February 26, 2016, 12:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyhunter

Super elite 3 95% of the time until it get's hot,  Then A Browning M.O Greenleaf strap vest.  Here in NY i don't get to wear the Browning very often.

TJR

Hunted with the Knights vest last spring and this fall and I love it. Seems to be durable and the seat is comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

357MAGNOLE

I took advice from Savduck and ordered a Knights hands free.  I was not so sure about it at first, but after wearing it in the field over the last few weeks for scouting purposes I have become very sure that I love it.  Only change I would make is for different options for individuals. Some love box calls, some love pots, some love trumpets.

Its only got enough room to hold 2 pots and the striker pocket although it can hold about 5-6 only has 2 retention straps for 2 strikers.  So its designed to hold 2 strikers. Other than that I have no complaints. Its one size fits all, so I cut the straps to fit and melted the ends down so nothing would be flopping around.

Seat is extra comfortable, and is held with magnets and straps. Nice and cozy.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

cjr1

I use a Super Elite most of the time. I've tried the Ol' Tom I-Beam and wasn't a fan. Got a Red head Bucklick Creek vest last year that I used when in Texas and after it got hot here in Alabama and Tennessee.

tha bugman

I am debating as to either the Ol Tom I beam or time and motion leaning toward the I beam because of pot and striker layout and magnetic seat. 

ddturkeyhunter

Been thinking of the Knights my self for past week. It says large game bag included, but doesn't show where the large game bag goes, so i am thinking just over shoulder? Is there someplace it can be attached on back or added. Thats the only reasion I haven't ordered yet, do a lot of running and gunning and need to strip down as day warms up. I like haveing the big back pocket or game pouch on vest to put my extra clothing in. So how is the back set up on the Knights Vest.

357MAGNOLE

I did not get a game bag with mine unless its talking about the built in bag on the back under the cushion. I am sure it is, so that's probably what they mean.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

TJR

This^^

ddturkeyhunter

In the catologe, as numbers 15 as items it features it says (Large Game Bage Included) but doesn't show where it is. So thanks will be ordering mine today.

Go G.W.

Epeards Lounge, wish they still made them.

dawgfrombama

I got a Super Elite 3 that I've been using for about 10 years.  Love it

RiverRoost

Tat'r 2. Love it. Seat is awesome. And the way the slate pouch folds out and keeps striker layig there is a good setup and a good spot to sit things during the hunt

Bayou Gold

Tried 3 ol toms, and others at bass pro as well as Academy....went ahead and ordered the Tactical Tat'r 2.  Was unable to try one on first but it was time to get one. I ordered it in a L/XL. Hope this size is correct.  I can do a little snug , but despise floppy. 

Gobspur

I ordered the Tatr II and III, as well as the Alps nwtf new vest.  Played with them for a couple weeks.  The NWTF Alps and Tatr III went back.  I kept the Tatr II and really like it.  The Alps is too heavy and one size fits all sucks.  Tatr III was just too floppy on me.  Tatr II fits like a glove and plenty of pockets.

kevin2

That is the way to do it. I'll do just that, and send them back. COSTS some shipping, but it saves on gas going to and from places & you get what you really want in the end. Sweet!

Quote from: lindllc on March 08, 2016, 08:39:21 PM
I ordered the Tatr II and III, as well as the Alps nwtf new vest.  Played with them for a couple weeks.  The NWTF Alps and Tatr III went back.  I kept the Tatr II and really like it.  The Alps is too heavy and one size fits all sucks.  Tatr III was just too floppy on me.  Tatr II fits like a glove and plenty of pockets.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!