turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

FAVORITE TURKEY VEST DEBATE 2016

Started by TeamCF, February 26, 2016, 12:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdsberman

I took advice from here on OG a few years ago about getting a Super Elite III and it was the best decision ive made.  I love everything about that vest.

Swather

Quote from: TeamCF on February 26, 2016, 12:26:45 AMAnyone used the Knights Hand Free Elite Vest? The new NWTF Vest looks great buts not in Obsession. What about the Russell Limbhangar?

The Limbhanger is a great vest but has been discontinued for at least 3 years.  I do not know what vest in current production comes the closest to that model.

Cutt

I've been wanting to replace my older 10X vest, but just do not like any of the newer vests I've come across?
Guess I'm old school as I just hate the newer vests with exterior boxcall pockets. Wish I could find one similiar to the 10X, big bellow pockets, with dividers within for boxcalls and such.

Happy

Super elite 3 for me. If I can't carry my stuff in that then I don't need it. Wish the striker pockets were vertical though

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Cut N Run

Sill love my Limbhanger.  Wish I'd bought spares when they were still being made.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

trefalga

Tenzing TZ14

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SKFOOTER

Primos Strap Vests in Bottomland and Obsession camo. :OGturkeyhead:

the Ward

Been using an HS Strut s.u.v. vest for awhile now and like it a lot. My Son got me an ole Tom vest last year for my bday and it's pretty nice too. Do you guys with the ole tom vest have any problems with getting a box call to fit in the front call pockets? I can't get a normal sized box in the pockets, its like they are too small or something.

arkrem870

I've had a ol Tom strap vest for past 6 years. It was falling apart 2 years ago....I got by with zip ties holding it together last year.   The ol Tom is light weight and convienent to use however the quality is lacking. I'd by another ol Tom if I knew it wouldn't fall apart on me. Just ordered a minimalist from cabelas. I also like the look of the academy sports hybrid vest- I'm not real big on the specialty pockets on the front. I'll have a chance to break in the minimalist in a couple weeks

FL-Boss

+1 .. the old tom lightweight vest seams can break easily. After my last vest broke... I got a new one last year, first thing I did was take the vest to the seamstress and have them double switch every seam so they dont pull apart. 

olejake

Tactical Tater ...the seat is what sold me..plus the padding in the back..sure makes the tree a tad softer on my back
Third season upcoming with it..love it

Dirtybird552

Quote from: arkrem870 on February 27, 2016, 11:42:01 AM
I've had a ol Tom strap vest for past 6 years. It was falling apart 2 years ago....I got by with zip ties holding it together last year.   The ol Tom is light weight and convienent to use however the quality is lacking. I'd by another ol Tom if I knew it wouldn't fall apart on me. Just ordered a minimalist from cabelas. I also like the look of the academy sports hybrid vest- I'm not real big on the specialty pockets on the front. I'll have a chance to break in the minimalist in a couple weeks
do you have a link for the academy vest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vaughnrp2

SE lll for about 8 years give or take. Only cons are striker pocket holders are not vertical and it can get a little warm on hot days. If I was looking for a new vest I would most likely  buy the SE lll again.

TauntoHawk

Someone needs to make a quality turkey hunting back pack, couple of call pockets on the waist pack from on the move calling and when you sit down the pack can be laid between your legs and the from fully unzips to all your calls and strikers. Give a nice place to lay a call down when a bird is coming in. A center compartment would hold the rest of your gear layers food and water. Packs are way more comfortable than a vest

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

yelpaholic