OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

FAVORITE TURKEY VEST DEBATE 2016

Started by TeamCF, February 26, 2016, 12:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeamCF

I have had a very faithful and deady Super Elite III She faded and I last season I got the Tenzing TZ14. I dont like the bulk of the TP14 and the kick stand doesnt do it for me.

Well straight out of the box I was not a big fan of the vest. Lots of lengthy straps, the magnets for the seat didnt work and the straps for the seat are too high behind you to rely on comfortably. So I went to town on that thing and while I may not be the best at sewing I managed to turn it into a very workable vest. It has plenty of pockets and great striker holders. The back pack part on the back has a small opening but it works well for different things. I do like the vest now and it did not hurt me on any hunts.

I am interested in trying another vest though. I like how the I beam looks but I dont like the black straps.

Anyone used the Knights Hand Free Elite Vest? The new NWTF Vest looks great buts not in Obsession. What about the Russell Limbhangar?

kevin2

Still using my Super Elite III, but I've had a few others. So far, nothing has been perfect. Thinking of going with something different again this year, just not sure what!
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

tomstopper

I Love my Tactical Tatr II and can not speak of the ones that you had mentioned above personally but will say that there is a gentleman here at work who sells the Knight vest and a lot of guys here at work have bought it off him and say that they like it.

Gamblinman

Limbhanger...but I'm seriously looking at the new Alpz vest as a replacement.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

wvmntnhick

Well, I've had my Primos vest for about 11 years or so and I've got but one complaint. I don't like that my strikers ride up out of the holders when sitting down and getting back up. If I could find a way to keep from losing them, I'd give it a 100% for sure. Plenty of pockets and they're right where you need them. Everything is easily accessible. Not sure they've changed them much as I've not looked at other vests but I really like mine. Just need to find a way to attach something to ,y strikers to keep them safer.

maytom

On my second Elite III now in the Obsession camo. Love this vest bar none. :gobble:

Tomcat655

Ol tom.. I don't know the exact name .. The magnets work it's not bulky and holds the calls well .. It's just two Shoulder straps and a magnetic seat .. I've had it for 3 years now and I'll get another one if it ever wears out.

davisd9

Ol Tom Ibeam 2.0 - got the vest this offseason and she will be a good one. Is put together well and the pocket layout is very logical. There is more space than I need but good for those all day hunts way back off the river or in the swamp. Has some great mesh pockets inside a zipper pocket to hold my trumpets. I can carry two boxes. Has great lay out for strikers and pots. Even a pocket for a water bottle and thermocell.  Great seat and back padding. Very happy with the vest.

Looked hard at the Knight Vest and it will be my next vest after I wear this one out.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ElkTurkMan

Another vote her for the Cabela's Tactical tatr II.  I started using this vest two years ago and so far for me it's been the best one.  I had an Ol tom before this one and it was nice, but it just was hot to me, and the back cushion magnet would never stay attached.  I have been really happy with the tactical TatrII.  They go on sale pretty often and you can usually snag one pretty reasonable.   

dejake

have a Tatr2 but was looking for something less bulky and lighter.  Looked at the Minimalist, but it didn't have any inside pockets. Creature of habit, that's were I like to stow my gloves and facemask. Stopped at a WallyWorld and say a Mossy Oak vest for under $50.  Thought, what the heck.  Took it home and loaded it up, and I like it better than the Tatr2.

Tail Feathers

I just got the Tat'r II this off season.  Not wild about the pot call pull down pocket or the way the box call pocket is hard to open but the great cushion and kickstand seem to offset the bad.
Really like that new ALPS vest but it's too late for me, gotta use what I got.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gooserbat

I just got a Knight's in the mail yesterday.  It's feeling good so far.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

kjnengr

I had a Super Elite III vest that I used for a couple of years and I like the layout of it, but I wanted something a little more open for warmer weather.  After some searching, I ended up with the tactical tat'r II.  I like that the upper area is quite open, as I hunt some pretty warm areas.  Also I really like the flip up seat.  It is so easy to get it down or out of the way when getting up/down in a hurry.  The pot call pockets are a little tight, but I like them.  I also wish it has some sleeves for shotgun shells, but I just wrap a rubber band around 3 shells or so and toss them in a pocket.  Overall I love my tactical tat'r II vest.

wvlimbhanger

I have a primos that I've been using going on 10 years now.

The Knight's vest has my eye though.  If I were getting a new one, I'd lean that way.  If it came in bottomland, I'd be even more set on it.

Gobble!