turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help!

Started by Trevor2, March 30, 2011, 07:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

Trying to help my cousin with his gun.... He has a rem 870 super mag and it is shooting high and right, without putting a red dot on it is there anything he could do?
Strutstopper

TRKYHTR

Tru Glo Magnum gobble dot. Windage and elevation adjustments.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Trevor2

How would that mount to the vented sight rail?
Strutstopper

Trevor2

thanks trkyhtr, I think he is gonna try and change his natural placement of the butt and see if that helps, we have sat down and studied on this for couple hours now and have looked and looked lol we have come up with; if he raises his cheek a lil it should pull his shot down, right? shoot high, move high. follow your shot. so he is gonna try that, before he goes and buys some sights.
Strutstopper

Shotgun

I wouldn't suggest changing his form.  He'd be better off aiming low to the left.  New sights would probably be best.

bowhunter84

Quote from: TRKYHTR on March 30, 2011, 07:59:38 PM
Tru Glo Magnum gobble dot. Windage and elevation adjustments.

TRKYHTR
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Trevor2

Quote from: Bad Grizzly on March 30, 2011, 09:19:53 PM
Tighten the mag tube cap as tight as possible by hand. Then wrap it with something and take a pair of channel-loks and tighten it a couple of more clicks. Shoot and see if it changes anything. Next thing to try is the load/choke combo...... unless you want to put the sight on. Good luck.

wow i would have never thought that would change the shot. thanks
Strutstopper

Cove

Changing his shooting position would be a bad idea. When the moment of truth comes he's going to do what's comfortable/ natural and miss an opportunity. Point of aim -Point of Impact is always a big issue. Match them up using the adjustable fiber optics like has been mentioned. Tru Glo or Williams Fire Sites universal slugger.

harvester

Quote from: Covehnter on March 31, 2011, 01:17:29 PM
Changing his shooting position would be a bad idea. When the moment of truth comes he's going to do what's comfortable/ natural and miss an opportunity. Point of aim -Point of Impact is always a big issue. Match them up using the adjustable fiber optics like has been mentioned. Tru Glo or Williams Fire Sites universal slugger.
:agreed:

PANYHunter

Yeah I wouldn't suggest changing his form, it might lead to bad habits.