turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli warrenty work

Started by Farmboy27, February 25, 2016, 03:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lunghit

WOW that is crazy. How can they be out of 24" barrels? I hope nothing ever happens to my SBE. Please keep us posted on this.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Farmboy27

another update!  Just got another call from benelli.  They said they would send me a 24" barrel in advantage timber (the gun is realtree apg)!  The rep. said "its a little darker but I think it matches good". 
WOW!!  I told him I didn't pay $1800 for a mismatched gun!  He then said well we can refund your money if you fax us your receipt.  So it looks like I'm in the market for a new turkey gun!!  I liked the gun but with all the issues with benelli I'm kinda happy to be rid of it!!!

dirt road ninja

That is great they are offering a refund. I don't blame you a bit for ditching it.

sixbird

Aside from the camo issue, sounds like they're doing what they can. I'd be frustrated too though, given it's a new gun. I wonder if they'd give you a voucher for a new gun? I mean, if they're willing to refund, maybe they could pull one from production or fund the purchase of a new one.
You sound like you're done with Benelli and I don't blame you given your intro. to them. That said, they are a phenomenal gun and, in spite of your experience I think you wouldn't go wrong getting another one.
Another option is to get a Browning A5. They have the same internals as Benelli. You need to improvise a sight/scope/reflex base for them. They make a cantilever one that fits. I've handled A5 and they're, in my opinion a little more ergonomic and they have the browning barrel that's known for great patterning...
Too bad you had that experience with Benelli...

dirt road ninja

If I was in the market for a 1000.00 plus dollar turkey gun, the Winchester would be really high on my list.

reynolds243

Any big market gun company are going to have some issues with customer service from time to time it's just the nature of the beast of being that big of a company and having lots of different people answering phones.  If you think any company is perfect you haven't been around customer service enough.   

People will have praises and people with have complaints with any big company gun manufacture, just the nature of the beast.  Seems benelli was actually trying to help out and even gave a refund option which is nice. Sure you had been told different stories and had the run around some as well which is unfortunate.

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

Farmboy27

Any big market gun company should have a barrel to replace a faulty one in less than 6 months!  The only thing they did right was offer the refund!

Farmboy27

To say I haven't been around customer service enough because I expect the gun to be repaired and returned in the same specs. as I sent it is a bit insulting.  I'm not the second or third owner of this gun.  I purchased it new less than a year ago. I feel insulted that they offered up longer barrels and mis-matched barrels just because they weren't prepared to correctly repair what they sold and warrentied. 

reynolds243

Quote from: Farmboy27 on March 01, 2016, 05:58:15 PM
To say I haven't been around customer service enough because I expect the gun to be repaired and returned in the same specs. as I sent it is a bit insulting.  I'm not the second or third owner of this gun.  I purchased it new less than a year ago. I feel insulted that they offered up longer barrels and mis-matched barrels just because they weren't prepared to correctly repair what they sold and warrentied.

If you read what I wrote I was not referring to you personally not knowing customer service nor did I say benelli did all they should have. My point is Winchester or mossberg for example will have some of the same issues if you speak to enough people.  Nothing personal toward you or your expectations

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

taylorjones20

If you don't want to run into bad customer service ever again with a gun company, don't get a winchester, browning, or remington! I have had dealings with all of those and the outcome was much worse than your outcome with Benelli...  :z-twocents:
Alive only by the Grace Of God