OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Benelli warrenty work

Started by Farmboy27, February 25, 2016, 03:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmboy27

Hi everyone.  I'm a new member but a long time guest of the forum.  I currently have a super black eagle 2 getting worked on by benelli.  The gun centered the pattern about 8-10" to the left with every shell/choke combo I tried.  The representative I have been in contact with via e-mail has been very helpful so far.  Just wondering if anyone else has sent a sbe2 back for repair/ warranty issues and if they were fixed.  Like I said, so far so good but its been about a month and a half and I'm getting a bit concerned.

sixbird

I think Benelli has a reputation for slow warranty work. I've read about a number of people who've had that same problem. They WILL resolve it...How quickly is another question...Disclaimer: This info. may be out of date but I was months resolving an issue I had with my SBE II. They resolved it satisfactorily (actually more than satisfactorily) but it did take FOREVER!

turkey_slayer

I've been waiting on a retaining clip for the cap sling stud for over 2 months for a buddies a gun. Told me a month ago they were sending a whole new forend cap and I should have it in a week. Still no forend cap or clip. Sent another email earlier. They've been quick to answer back but that's been about it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dirt road ninja

I had a problem with a 250 dollar Mossberg and  I got it back in two weeks. I'd be very upset if I spent 1200 bucks on gun and had to send it back at all, much less wait 2 months for it. Best of luck to you!

Farmboy27

yeah I am a bit irritated to say the least!  Being a lefty I dreamed of a left handed benelli for years before I could finally scratched together the cash for one.  It has turned out to the biggest disappointment of any gun I have ever bought.  But I am still hopeful that they will fix the issues (besides the POI problem, the shell carrier is of centered and catches the inside of the receiver when you try to load the magazine).  I figured everyone makes a lemon from time to time and if they make it right then no harm no foul.  Just kinda hard to swallow on a $1800.00 gun!!!

Full strut

I own two Benellis and both at some point have needed warranty work. I have found them to be quick and they did the required work and then some, on both guns

the Ward

They were pretty slow taking care of an issue I had, but they absolutely did more than right by me. Just keep bugging them, squeaky wheel gets the grease! I think they just have a problem with inter-company communication between departments. Don't let it sour your opinion on a gun you otherwise really like. All companies have stuff that shouldn't get through Q.C. from time to time, and Benelli is no different. Hope you get it resolved soon. And......... :wagon:

Farmboy27

thanks for the info and for the welcome everyone!  Its good to know that they fix the issues even if it takes awhile. Season isn't till the last Saturday in April here in PA anyway so I have plenty of time.  just a bit restless I guess!!!

sixbird

Quote from: Farmboy27 on February 26, 2016, 02:23:48 PM
thanks for the info and for the welcome everyone!  Its good to know that they fix the issues even if it takes awhile. Season isn't till the last Saturday in April here in PA anyway so I have plenty of time.  just a bit restless I guess!!!

I would call once a week, with the tac that you are "Just checking on status" and stress that you need the gun sooner than you do...I've owned a SBEII since the first Crio's came out. It's a great gun, no question about that. Customer service, you just have to wade through that, unfortunately...

Farmboy27

Wow.  I was told last Friday that that my sbe2 was being worked on and would be back in a week.  Called today and was told that it is set to be worked on "any day now" and should be done in 3 to 4 weeks!!!  I guess I can chalk this up for lessoned learned!  $1800 for a gun that shoots 10" from poa and customer service that is not only slow, but apparently untruthful.  I definitely see a new gun in my near future.  Just wish I hadn't drank the Benelli Kool-Aid!!!!

USMC0331

Sorry to hear you having to go through this.Hope your next purchase with be a lot better.

reynolds243

all depends on the time of year i have found. i had 2 different guns i had to send back to benelli for warranty work.  the first one was pretty much the off season for any shotgun usage and i got it back in about 3 weeks.  the 2nd one was right before turkey season and i took about 6 weeks or so to get back. 

Farmboy27

the time frame doesn't bother me so much.  the fact that i was lied to does!

Farmboy27

Couldn't take it anymore so I called Benelli back.  Told the fellow that I needed to know what was up with my gun and I was sick of getting the run-around.  He put me on hold for about 15 minutes and then came back on and said that my gun was being worked on as we speak and will be shipped back out tomorrow.  Pretty sad that a company that sells top dollar guns has such bottom dollar service and that I had to result to acting like a jerk to get any service or answers. I just hope that the issue is resolved because I really do like the gun.  But if not, the gun is getting traded no doubt.  There are plenty of other guns out there with less issues and better customer service for less price

Farmboy27

got a call from benelli this morning.  They said the gun needs a new barrel. BUT... they don't have any 24" barrels to replace it with!!  They said they can't guarantee they will get any 24" barrels within the next 6 months!!  They are sending the gun back with a 26" and said they would swap me barrels as soon as some come in.  So now I have to find a load for a barrel that I'm gonna be swapping out at some point and then have to do it all again.  Wow!  What a joke!!  Lessoned learned!  The guy I talked to said "well sir, its only 2" longer.  I don't see the problem".  I told him if I wanted a 26", I would have bought a 26".