OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Non-Resident License Fees

Started by GobbleNut, February 25, 2016, 12:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

The discussion on license fees in another thread made me think that it might be helpful to have a topic about non-resident license costs for those of us that venture to other states on occasion to hunt.  I have found that it is often confusing to look at a state's rules and regulations and figure out exactly what an non-resident has to have in terms of licenses and other fees that might be required. 

Here in New Mexico, a non-resident is required to purchase a game hunting license ($65), a turkey license ($100...2-bird bag limit in most open areas of the state), and two stamps (habitat stamp..$5, and habitat management and access validation...$4).  The total would be $174.00. 

Licenses can be purchased on-line easily and can be printed with your printer. They can also be purchased in person at various sporting goods stores.
Most hunting areas have unlimited, over-the-counter tags (with few exceptions).

You can also find the hunting rules and information on-line at the NM Game and Fish Department website.   

dirt road ninja

I don't like doing the math. This year I'm buying or have bought non resident licenses for Alabama, Mississippi, Kansas, and Texas. The MS is the highest one at almost 400.00 for turkey and deer. Bama was around 310.00 for deer and turkey, Texas is 130ish for Spring turkey from what I can remember, and KS is around 90 bucks.

fallhnt

Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 25, 2016, 12:29:08 PM
I don't like doing the math. This year I'm buying or have bought non resident licenses for Alabama, Mississippi, Kansas, and Texas. The MS is the highest one at almost 400.00 for turkey and deer. Bama was around 310.00 for deer and turkey, Texas is 130ish for Spring turkey from what I can remember, and KS is around 90 bucks.
You need to buy a KS hunting license too.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

fallhnt

IL is $125.00 for 1 turkey plus a hunting license for non-res. Need a habitat stamp too.

dirt road ninja

Didn't go last year, will have to look it up again. Can't remember 2 years ago. KS is 185ish the tags are 90, license is 97 bucks.

Hooksfan

Quote from: fallhnt on February 25, 2016, 12:39:03 PM
Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 25, 2016, 12:29:08 PM
You need to buy a KS hunting license too.

Yep.  I was going to mention that, and you beat me to it.  Looks like this year Kansas has the Nonresident Turkey Permit and Game Tag Combo prior to March 31 for 87.50 and then you also have to have the Nonresident Hunting License for 97.50 for a total of $185.
I will take my son on a youth permit for $65 total.

Hooksfan

Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 25, 2016, 12:42:25 PM
Didn't go last year, will have to look it up again. Can't remember 2 years ago.

I can barely remember 2 minutes ago.  :)

buzzardroost

Alabama 10 day for a WMA is right around 200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Just paid $173 for my Ohio licence and Turkey tags. Still have to buy my PA licence and then after the spring season, I have to purchase my NY licence so I can hunt big game in the fall and a fall Turkey tag.

ilbucksndux

States that have different licenses in my opinion are great,I wish we had that here. But one thing I have found its hard to read thru and find the license you need from their web sites 
Gary Bartlow

Gooserbat

Over here in Sooner Nation we charge $142 for an annual hunting license and $10 per turkey tag.  3 Tom limit state wide.  Some counties are two birds some are one. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

WisTurk

I like this thread because it can be rather confusing and convoluted as to what is required as a nonres in other states, and rules/regulations can often times be clear as mud.   :popcorn:

hobbes

Montana

Conservation Lic. - $10
Base Hunting Lic. - $15
General Turkey Lic.-$110

For a total of $135 for one turkey. You can also buy four different Region licenses good only in specific regions for  another $110 each. (total of $245 for two turkeys, etc.)

Or.....
Cons. Lic. - $10
Base Lic. - $15
Upland Game Lic. $110
General Turkey $57.50

For a total of $192.50 for one turkey. Then $57.50 for the Region License to make a total of $250 for two turkeys. The only way this benefits you is if you plan to return in the fall and hunt upland birds (grouse, pheasants, huns, etc.)

fallhnt

Last time I hunted Iowa it was $210.00...1 bird. At least you can hunt all day in Iowa.

cornfedkiller

Nebraska is $97 per bird (can get 3), and a $20 habitat stamp.