turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Aubrun NY Basspro

Started by Rick Howard, February 25, 2016, 11:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Howard

Anyone know when the Auburn NY Basspro puts out the turkey stuff?  I have some gift cards buring a hole in my pocket.  I live about an hours drive from it though.  Id rather not burn the time and gas till they for sure have it out. 

fallhnt

Buy it on-line and ship to the store. Then buy more when you get there.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Dr Juice

Quote from: fallhnt on February 25, 2016, 12:52:31 PM
Buy it on-line and ship to the store. Then buy more when you get there.
Awesome tactic.  :turkey2:

Rick Howard

A quality idea indeed, however, I need to try some stuff on first.  Still would be good to know when they start hanging up the turkey hunting stuff. 

tomstopper

Quote from: Rick Howard on February 25, 2016, 11:11:06 AM
Anyone know when the Auburn NY Basspro puts out the turkey stuff?  I have some gift cards buring a hole in my pocket.  I live about an hours drive from it though.  Id rather not burn the time and gas till they for sure have it out.
I plan on going in there around the 11th of March and will let you know if i see anything (I will be in town and am going to use some of my gift cards on other things). Where abouts are you located if you don't mind me asking.

Rick Howard

Awesome and thank you.  I just moved to Clay, NY in September.   

tomstopper

Quote from: Rick Howard on February 25, 2016, 04:15:16 PM
Awesome and thank you.  I just moved to Clay, NY in September.
I live in Corning, NY. I will have to look and see how close we are later when I get home.

Rick Howard

I use to hunt in Corning.  I can not recall the name of the hill but it was great turkey hunting.  My buddy lived there while he worked for Corning Inc.  Bastage left corning and had to move for the new gig so I lost a great spot.  I still hunt straight out 86 to Hornell area.  I have a camp not far from Hornell.  I hunt all over that area from Bishopville to Freindship.  Though... I hear through the grapvine that one large farm (making up half of my hunting there) is now leasing the farm to hunters.  It will be a real bummer if I lost those spots.     

I hunt coyote like a mad man most of years and cover from WNY to CNY.  This year I have been preoccupied with moving and renovating a house. My coyote season was pathetic so far and next month is not looking better.  I have been out less than a half dozen times for the 15/16 season.  Completed probably 35 stands all together lol. 

I believe your about 2-2.25 hours southwest of me.       

Ol Yelper

Hey Rick, I live in Almond and probably hunt some of the same areas as you. Small world! Maybe we'll cross paths someday.

Rick Howard

Yes sir, Ol Yelper.  Very possible. Be sure to say hello?  Once turkey season rolls around I head for them hills and larger wood lots out your way.  It just feels right.  I've been sticking to the flat lands for coyote the last few years.  Now that populations in those parts a higher than in the past it's worth my time.  Flat walks and lots of vision Kinda spoiled me lol. 

Terry

I will be heading there soon, I'll let you know...

mwr

They usually put it out the middle of March....When I worked in Oklahoma store.

Rick Howard

silvestris

No turkey gear that I would want in Bass Pro in Denham Springs today.  I was looking for shells; didn't have what I was looking for.  But I came out a winner.  Sally Morgan met me there to give me three copies of Mongrel Dogs for my kids and a paperback of One Man Game so I would not have to continue wearing out my hardcover.  What a thoughtful sweetheart.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game