only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mack's Prairie Wings motor decoy

Started by Greg Massey, February 24, 2016, 10:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Quote from: born2hunt on February 25, 2016, 09:02:40 AM
Quote from: M Sharpe on February 25, 2016, 08:58:28 AM

This and the hunting show host thread go hand in hand!!!
Yep, I guarantee you that we will see this on one of the shows soon.
Totally agree. Anyone want to place bets on which show will have it on first.....

YoungbuckTX

line 'em up

southern_leo

If you want a strutter to move why not just run some fishing line to it and tug it when a Tom approaches? Plus how much does this thing weigh and the controller is the size of a vcr. Who really wants to haul this thing around?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

M Sharpe

Quote from: southern_leo on February 25, 2016, 10:09:50 AM
Who really wants to haul this thing around?

You'd be surprised!!!
I see pics of folks going turkey hunting for the day and they look like they are going camping for the weekend!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

southern_leo

Quote from: M Sharpe on February 25, 2016, 10:25:09 AM
Quote from: southern_leo on February 25, 2016, 10:09:50 AM
Who really wants to haul this thing around?

You'd be surprised!!!
I see pics of folks going turkey hunting for the day and they look like they are going camping for the weekend!!
That blows my mind. I bought a vest but won't be loading it down. Like the tactical tatr 3 called MORE or something like that is ridiculous. Sometimes less is more.

tha bugman

:TooFunny: doing figure 8's popping wheelies...set up a few ramps...
Quote from: born2hunt on February 25, 2016, 08:48:16 AM
If a man had money to waste could you imagine how much fun it could be to set that in a big field on public land and just watch people from a safe distance.  :fud:

Happy

Run it across a field here where i hunt in Wv and see how many different caliber holes are in it. Wonder if that voids the warranty? Would take a heck of a driver to get it from one end to the other untouched.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

silvestris

Two question: 1- How far do you go? & 2- Where do you start?  As for me, I will stick to a tree with my drink coaster caller and no decoy of any kind.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

M Sharpe

This is a must see video, if you haven't seen it. It shows exactly what is wrong with the hunting industry today. Wonder what it will be like 10, 20, 30 years from now???
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Happy

That's what has bothered me for several years now. Everyone is looking for the fastest and easiest way to kill something. It's not about the hunt and there is absolutely no respect for the animal. But as long as they can play the "It's legal"card then we are supposed to be ok with it. I cringe at what non- hunters see when they flip on the TV. It sure doesn't represent what I am about. A hunter has respect for the wildlife. Yes we hunt and yes we kill, however every true hunter I know would put down their gun if wildlife populations were getting dangerously low. It scares me that so many people are only concerned with a kill. Nothing else matters with these people and it's very sad. We no longer hunt to to exist so I don't want to hear that bs. I love wild game but quite frankly I could buy meet cheaper than what I put into my hunting yearly. As hunters we need to stand as conservationists first and  foremost and not the bloodthirsty idiots that are are taking every "legal" advantage they can to kill something. I have the normal time constraints that every other working person does so I don't buy that excuse either. We are really ruining our image in my opinion and if we don't regulate ourselves we could loose it all. I am all for people hunting the way that makes them happy. However have some respect and discretion on what image you are promoting. I haven't been favorably impressed by many.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

fallhnt

Wouldn't be legal in IL. No electronic turkey decoys. Robo duck and doves are ok. Must be a state vs federal thing. That has to be the most stupid thing I've seen for turkey hunting.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

southern_leo

Quote from: Happy on February 25, 2016, 01:18:29 PM
That's what has bothered me for several years now. Everyone is looking for the fastest and easiest way to kill something. It's not about the hunt and there is absolutely no respect for the animal. But as long as they can play the "It's legal"card then we are supposed to be ok with it. I cringe at what non- hunters see when they flip on the TV. It sure doesn't represent what I am about. A hunter has respect for the wildlife. Yes we hunt and yes we kill, however every true hunter I know would put down their gun if wildlife populations were getting dangerously low. It scares me that so many people are only concerned with a kill. Nothing else matters with these people and it's very sad. We no longer hunt to to exist so I don't want to hear that bs. I love wild game but quite frankly I could buy meet cheaper than what I put into my hunting yearly. As hunters we need to stand as conservationists first and  foremost and not the bloodthirsty idiots that are are taking every "legal" advantage they can to kill something. I have the normal time constraints that every other working person does so I don't buy that excuse either. We are really ruining our image in my opinion and if we don't regulate ourselves we could loose it all. I am all for people hunting the way that makes them happy. However have some respect and discretion on what image you are promoting. I haven't been favorably impressed by many.
I generally lean to "if it's legal its ok" argument from the angle of "if that's what really makes you happy" side more than me actually agreeing, if that makes sense. But I do absolutely agree that conservation comes first! I don't have kids yet but plan too one day and hopefully future generations can enjoy the great outdoors as well. I think the remote control car deal is goofy more than anything. And I don't see any true hunters really using it.

Greg Massey

I feel the same way your thinking Happy and southern-leo about those umbrella portable decoys that has a full - strut gobbler in a life - like size picture don't care for those either like the ones Turkeyfan.com sales..they are trying to market it as half way a blind and decoy..the reason they are is so people will buy these more so for a blind and cover them self in a law suit. But if you look at all the videos on youtube they are using it as a way to chase turkeys out in fields etc.. or as they say it's for the run and gunner...

M Sharpe

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 25, 2016, 02:23:32 PM
or as they say it's for the run and gunner...

That's not even what running and gunning is about. They know hunters are suckers for the latest thing on the market!!! I've seen some big names come out with some off the wall stuff. Why, because they know people will do, and use, anything they feel will make them an instant hunter. Look at the gobbling boom all of a sudden!! Do you think you should be gobbling and crawling behind one of those fans with jokers like in this video in the woods??? A couple years ago at the nationals, when those gobble tubes came out, the companies would let out several gobbles and the folks would flock to their booths. Decoys are dangerous to begin with. Well, I hunt private property people say. What about poachers?? Define private! Private can have several people hunting on it. SAFETY IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE!!!!

snapper1982

Quote from: tomstopper on February 25, 2016, 09:17:01 AM
Quote from: born2hunt on February 25, 2016, 09:02:40 AM
Quote from: M Sharpe on February 25, 2016, 08:58:28 AM

This and the hunting show host thread go hand in hand!!!
Yep, I guarantee you that we will see this on one of the shows soon.
Totally agree. Anyone want to place bets on which show will have it on first.....

I will make a bet and say it or a variation of it will be on the Crush with Lee and Tiffany. They already use and have shown in video a turkey on a remote controlled truck.