Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

what hunting show host that you find annoying.

Started by hs strut, February 23, 2016, 02:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkehunr93

Where do I begin.... Oh yeah, old freak nasty himself Michael Waddell, Jackie bushman, all the guys with wild game innovations, lee and Tiffany, t bone from bone collector, that guy spook from spook nation, tom Miranda, Ralph and Vickie, the guy from long range pursuit,  roger raglin, the list could go on and on!  The only shows I watch are meat eater and fresh tracks, real guys really hunting and showing a true appreciation for wildlife, wild lands and conservation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trkehunr93

Quote from: ThunderChickenHunter21 on February 26, 2016, 09:59:04 PM
Tell me this guy ain't annoying.  :you_rock:

Yeah that guy too!  What a nerd.

Tennessee Lead

The wild game bunch tops the list and following close behind in 2nd is all the rest of them. I haven't watched the outdoor channel in quite some time.
Too much product pushing and smoking and dirt napping for me.

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

spurman

Can't stand to watch anymore. Some were so bad they were kinda funny, for a little while.
There was one guy I think first name was Wayne and can't remember name of show. Anyway he thought he was the only guy that knew how to hunt or shoot.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

kdsberman

Any host that fills his face with paint trying to look like a warrior.  Annoys that crap out of me.

renegade19

Quote from: trkehunr93 on February 29, 2016, 07:54:36 PM
Where do I begin.... Oh yeah, old freak nasty himself Michael Waddell, Jackie bushman, all the guys with wild game innovations, lee and Tiffany, t bone from bone collector, that guy spook from spook , tom Miranda, Ralph and Vickie, the guy from long range pursuit,  roger raglin, the list could go on and on!  The only shows I watch are meat eater and fresh tracks, real guys really hunting and showing a true appreciation for wildlife, wild lands and conservation.

Agree 100%.  Only two guys I respect on TV. 

Swather

Come to think of it, the shows done in Africa are better quality shows, not just a big plug, and not filled with the hard rock music edited in.  There is more to be learned from them that the "boy howdy" shows recorded in the US with the product plugger hosts.

BigGobbler

I find them all annoying. They make it look so easy that everyone thinks they can just buy a shotgun and walk in the woods and kill one.lol They should be forced to put disclaimers stating that they are hunting on private land and that there are feeders just out of camera view that the birds are headed to anyway. I get a kick out of the so called show pro's that come to town to hunt public land and strut There stuff and get skunked and then head to private land to film. Yea easy huh LOL

jwright8

Quote from: Swather on March 02, 2016, 12:37:03 PM
Come to think of it, the shows done in Africa are better quality shows, not just a big plug, and not filled with the hard rock music edited in.  There is more to be learned from them that the "boy howdy" shows recorded in the US with the product plugger hosts.
Most of the African hunts are in a fence.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Swather

Quote from: kyspurcollector on March 02, 2016, 05:32:43 PM
Most of the African hunts are in a fence.

Yes, and most nat'l parks that have wildlife in them in Africa are fenced in too.  That is a result of long term wars, droughts, poaching, and the problems created for private landowners near parks and preserves.  Landowners near Yellowstone, Tetons, etc. have similar problems and conflicts with the govt.  But they are fences that evade the comprehension of most Americans because they are so far away and so long.  The expanses within the fences are huge, and the animals within them are still wild, even though they are dynamically managed, bought and sold to manage and balance herds and deal with droughts, and shipped on cattle trucks. 

People can sneer at animals behind a fence on 5,000-10,000 acres in TX, I certainly did and don't really want that experience, but I've seen up close that the critters on that much land are wild and hard to stalk.  They still smell, see, and hear well.

wytrat785

Quote from: trkehunr93 on February 29, 2016, 07:54:36 PM
Where do I begin.... Oh yeah, old freak nasty himself Michael Waddell, Jackie bushman, all the guys with wild game innovations, lee and Tiffany, t bone from bone collector, that guy spook from spook , tom Miranda, Ralph and Vickie, the guy from long range pursuit,  roger raglin, the list could go on and on!  The only shows I watch are meat eater and fresh tracks, real guys really hunting and showing a true appreciation for wildlife, wild lands and conservation.

"Spook" Spann. That guy is a joke. He's known here in Kansas as a poacher. I talked to a game warden here about him at the time of the article linked below. He said 'ol Spook had been on the radar for quite some time.

http://www.kansas.com/news/article1120027.html

sixbird

Wild game guys for me. Can't tell you how many times I've seen those jack asses wound game and be all happy about it...The father and the youngest son are absolute morons!
Waddell gets tiresome, as others have said and Jon and Gina...My god what a couple of ego maniacs!
The list is pretty long...How about Fred Eichler? The screamer...Man he annoys me!
I do like Sporting Chef. That guy has a great sense of humor and doesn't seem to take himself very seriously.
Of course Randy Newman and Steve Rinella. Great hosts. I like Shockey also.
The guy that nobody but me seems to like is Jimmy Big Time. I love the way he spoofs all the shows that make the hosts out to be something they're not. Funny stuff!

tha bugman

Quote from: sixbird on March 03, 2016, 12:10:42 AM
Wild game guys for me. Can't tell you how many times I've seen those jack asses wound game and be all happy about it...The father and the youngest son are absolute morons!
Waddell gets tiresome, as others have said and Jon and Gina...My god what a couple of ego maniacs!
The list is pretty long...How about Fred Eichler? The screamer...Man he annoys me!
I do like Sporting Chef. That guy has a great sense of humor and doesn't seem to take himself very seriously.
Of course Randy Newman and Steve Rinella. Great hosts. I like Shockey also.
The guy that nobody but me seems to like is Jimmy Big Time. I love the way he spoofs all the shows that make the hosts out to be something they're not. Funny stuff!
see I thought Jimmy was hilarious...told my buddy and he watched it and just didn't "get it". To each his own I guess

RS

I don't think there have been any opinions  expressed about the "Pigman".  hard to believe.

Happy

I find the pigman somewhat interesting. No I don't consider him a hunter and a think his ego is way out of wack. It's kinda like me watching nascar on a super speedway. I don't care about it at all but I am just watching and waiting for the massive pile up. Can't really expand it but he is a Train wreck waiting to happen

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club