OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what hunting show host that you find annoying.

Started by hs strut, February 23, 2016, 02:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mote1977

fallhnt

^^^He must have drank to much of his wine and now he is bowfishing.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

bigbird

I'm even getting tired of all the duck commander crap! Hey Jack, and what the heck is this strut commander BS?

mbecnel

I have that Roku box that plugs in my TV so I watch alot of the lesser known shows and they seem a lot better with out all the advertisements. It also has You tube which I probably watch more than anything. There are several guys on this site that put up some real enjoyable videos, both filmed and solo hunts.

Dave Owen's videos are on a whole different level than what you see on tv and Scott Ellis does a jam up job a as well.

X2..............I use the firestick...............Carbon TV has quite a few lesser known shows

TauntoHawk

I got rid of all outdoor type channels, only show I miss is meateater

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cut N Run

Quote from: mbecnel on February 24, 2016, 02:33:46 PM

Dave Owen's videos are on a whole different level than what you see on tv and Scott Ellis does a jam up job a as well.

^^^This! 
I don't get any outdoor channels, but watch many hunting videos on YouTube instead.  Dave Owens' videos rock.  Not a bunch of "Look at Me!" B.S. like too many commercial shows have.  It is almost like you're going along on one of Dave's hunts as an observer. 

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

codym

I don't know any of those guys you all are talking about. I grew up watching hunting shows as I didn't have anyone to take me hunting and it really screwed me up. Once I was old enough to get out there and really started to learn to hunt, I realized what a load of crap all the stuff they were doing was. I learned I didn't need the fanciest camo clothes, blinds etc... to be successful and success shouldn't always mean a filled tag. I also don't like the lack of respect (my opinion) for the animal and meat once the animal is taken. You never hear about how its going to be consumed just how big the rack is or whatever. That being said I did really like meat eater and the Randy Number (sp?) shows. I pretty much quit watching hunting shows all together. I train pointing dogs and if something is on that involves upland game with dogs I try and watch but most of that is atrocious, the only one that was decent was American Gundog. The one that drove me the craziest was pig man! Hated that show!

VaBoy

Without a doubt the Busbice gang. And please don't give them or their products credit , as someone pointed out , Bill's money was made before they started doing shows and making crap gimmick products and the boys are playing with daddy's money. Wont watch the shows but most importantly, won't but any of their products and have actually sent emails to sponsors of theirs saying I don't like them and will quit buying their products if the continue to sponsor. Doesn't make them quit sponsoring but makes me feel better to rant. Kinda like now... that was refreshing , plus saw my first strutter of the year today ;D

Flounder

Wild Game by far. I was furious when they bowfished turkeys. I've read several articles about land acquisitions.

wlf89

ronnie smith outdoors was one of the best i have seen, aint been on in years that i know of

fallhnt

Quote from: Flounder on February 24, 2016, 04:18:55 PM
Wild Game by far. I was furious when they bowfished turkeys. I've read several articles about land acquisitions.
Bracket did this too. Bowfishing turkey not buying land.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

tha bugman

I keep struggling with the question...is he a real person or an actor portraying someone else?
Quote from: mote1977 on February 24, 2016, 01:09:11 PM
You guys are forgetting about Andy Ross...

mote1977

Quote from: tha bugman on February 24, 2016, 05:34:30 PM
I keep struggling with the question...is he a real person or an actor portraying someone else?
Quote from: mote1977 on February 24, 2016, 01:09:11 PM
You guys are forgetting about Andy Ross...

He's a "professional hunter".

tha bugman

Agh well that explains it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beakbuster10

I can't believe "The Hollywood Hunter" hasn't come up. His face paint is real sweet though. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk