OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what hunting show host that you find annoying.

Started by hs strut, February 23, 2016, 02:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ihuntoldschool

I don't watch any of them, haven't in many years but when I did ALL of them were annoying.  I agree with the original poster though, that guy takes the cake for most annoying.

TallTimberGabriel

Willie Robertson from Buck Commander. Something about the guy. Also any show with a hip hop type theme song with grown men talking and acting like they are 20.

mbecnel

possum58

They all annoy me! Busbice and Brackett exceptionally annoy me and that girl with all those big teeth Nicole something???

I fear non-hunters might watch these shows and if they do they will only come away with a bad taste in their mouth. I feel they do more to hurt huntings image than help.

Swather

Quote from: GomerPyle on February 23, 2016, 01:21:31 PM
I haven't read the entire thread so maybe he's already been mentioned, but Chad Belding HAS to be the biggest douche of them all..../thread.

Get Russell Beard of this forum to tell you about having a booth next to Fowl Life a few years ago and having Magen Prather in the booth blowing a duck call all day.  She had a nice set of lungs and used them all weekend, she can blow duck call hard.   ;D

soky

I'm beginning to think everyone sponsored by flextone is annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Rick Howard

Quote from: possum58 on February 23, 2016, 03:09:28 PM
They all annoy me! Busbice and Brackett exceptionally annoy me and that girl with all those big teeth Nicole something???

I fear non-hunters might watch these shows and if they do they will only come away with a bad taste in their mouth. I feel they do more to hurt huntings image than help.

Yes.  And the commercials portray something contrary of most hunters.  The EXTREME mentality.  Makes us look like we lust for killing and blood.  It leaves me with distaste when hunting is compared to war "doing battle".  I cant speak for everyone... but I have never feared for my life from a turkey or met any animal that shoots back. 

Most recently I watched some stuff that really got to me.  I apologize for my extra ranty comments on this post.   

Vaturkeyhntr

Yoder409

Would be easier to have asked who CAN you watch and not vomit.........

I can watch most of the Primos crew,  Eddie Salter and David Blanton.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

wvmntnhick

I'm a Primos guy. Have been for years. What kind of vest do I have? Primos. What's on my deer calls? Primos. My bow you ask? Bear Truth II that was designed for the Primos crew when they shot Bear archery equipment. Did I think it would make me a better hunter? Nope. Just liked the equipment they had. Slacked off quite a bit over the years. Anymore I'd almost rather take the dogs out, go fishing with my oldest girl, play with the young one, etc. I won't turn a Primos show off nor will I turn away meat eater. Love watching McMillan as well. Would love to go hunt with the man just once. Wouldn't care if a killed a thing. He just seems like a real funny guy to hang around. Can't stand the real tree gang with exception of a couple. Can't handle Roger "Gaglin." The Buck Demander team is right up there with these fellas. Just a lot of guys with lots of money. Gimme a crack at the land they hunt. Just one. I could be an overnight superstar too.

Devastator

MY favorite hunting videos are from Dave Owens,Shane Simpson,Scott Ellis,And avianX !!!!IF not for avian i probably wouldn't have direct.

redmag

There are others but my least favorite is the draft dodger, Nugent.

wvlimbhanger

born2hunt

I have that Roku box that plugs in my TV so I watch alot of the lesser known shows and they seem a lot better with out all the advertisements. It also has You tube which I probably watch more than anything. There are several guys on this site that put up some real enjoyable videos, both filmed and solo hunts.

Dave Owen's videos are on a whole different level than what you see on tv and Scott Ellis does a jam up job a as well.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."