turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Doubled Up! w/pics

Started by MK M GOBL, February 22, 2016, 10:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

Over the years I have had the opportunity to double up on a number of gobblers from 2 of us taking them at the same time to solo hunts. I know several states may only allow you a single tag but where I hunt we have that possibility. I'm sure plenty of you have learned how to "read" a gobbler to determine who's the boss, I always focus on knocking him down first unless a true double opportunity arises, when 2 hunters are together we change this up a bit to the old 1...2...3... method. I have been able to make a number of solo doubles work as well and even a one-shot double work out. So here it is Have you been able to Double Up?

MK M GOBL

Here's one of my favorites! This was a second double from the same spot in consecutive years.

MK M GOBL

And from the previous year!

MK M GOBL

MK M GOBL

And a Youth Season double!

MK M GOBL

MK M GOBL

One of my first doubles with a buddy!

MK M GOBL

MK M GOBL

MK M GOBL

Little bit of a story on these guys :) but Dad and I doubled on a pair of hard gobbling jakes

MK M GOBL

southern_leo

Very cool good job

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

I doubled up with my cuz last year. I dropped the hammer on the dominate bird and he took care of bizness with his partner. The both of them were mature Toms following 5-hens. One of my memorable hunts!

OldSchool

Nice pics! During our spring season here in NY we're allowed 2 birds, 1 per day, so that rules the spring season out. I've doubled up a few times in the fall and taken two with one shot several times when the opportunity presented itself. I like to hunt the older gobblers in the fall, but if I do shoot a young bird I always keep my second tag for a gobbler. It doesn't always work out that way, but that's the plan.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Treerooster on February 23, 2016, 10:43:27 AM
Does this count?

A nice eastern and a hybrid I got...all in one shot.  :toothy12:

NICE! laughing out loud to that one!

OldSchool

Does this count?

I hope you didn't have to carry them far, it tired me out just thinking about it. ;D Cool pic. :icon_thumright:

Bob

Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

wvboy

Yes a few..

Solo 2 in 1 shot in SC one year .. they came from different directions and arrived just in time to cross heads :)

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

762hunter

I took a friend out last year and got his 1st bird. We were tucked up under a cedar tree very well hidden because he is like a 12 year old kid and constantly on his phone.
With just a little calling I struck up a talkative hen off to our right.
Next thing you know we have gobbles from our left. I told him to get ready and I'd play clean up in case he missed.
3 heads crested the hill and were checking the scene out.  He and I each took 1.

I had to call him off the last bird because in Tn we are only allowed 1 per day.  Needless to say it was a fun hunt and a great 1st bird for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrackeySauresRex

Does this count?

:z-winnersmiley:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."