OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Visit with Jimmy Schaffer

Started by letinmfly, February 22, 2016, 08:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

letinmfly

This past Sunday I met up with Mike, "Bowguy", on here with Jared another member on here.  Jimmy met up with us and we went out for breakfast and talked turkey hunting.  Lol
From there Mike, myself and Jimmy went back to Jimmy's shop and ran calls.  And of course talked about turkeys and turkey hunting.  It was a blast!!!
I narrowed my choices of calls to buy down to 5 potcalls.  Which was very hard to do with so many calls to choose from.  Only thing that made it easier was that I was looking for a crystal call.
We took the 5 calls outside and jimmy ran them from a distance while myself and Mike listened.  There were 2 Mahoe crystals in that group and a new call from Jimmy.
Well after some intense calling from Jimmy I finally decide on Jimmy's new crystal call.  he made 2 of these calls and I was fortunate enough to hear one of these calls and have the opportunity to buy it.
I also picked up one of Jimmy's Sapele/Maple scratchbox which sounds really good too!!
Jimmy thanks for taking the time to run calls and talk turkey!!  Here are the calls I picked up.

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

worth612000

Cool, sounds like you had a great time and picked up some awesome calls.

hunter22

Fine pair of calls Lou. Jimmy makes some great stuff. I love his new one piece striker.

scoot12

man I would love going and running his calls all afternoon,  nice pick up Lou.  Scoot

MikeStaten

Lou, this call look familiar?  I was with Jimmy earlier today and picked up the Blue Mahoe and also his Atomic 13.  Both amazing calls.  That Blue Mahoe is my new #1 call. 

How's your pot call compare versus the mahoe or mad Hen?

Here's a few others.

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

callmakerman

Sounds like a fun trip Lou. I own two of his scratchers (go figure) and a trough call but have never played one of his pot calls. Fine craftsmanship from a great call maker.

Bowguy

It was a fun morning Lou and you got some great sounding calls!

letinmfly

Quote from: MikeStaten on February 22, 2016, 09:17:45 PM

Lou, this call look familiar?  I was with Jimmy earlier today and picked up the Blue Mahoe and also his Atomic 13.  Both amazing calls.  That Blue Mahoe is my new #1 call. 

How's your pot call compare versus the mahoe or mad Hen?

Here's a few others.

Mike I really liked the sound of the Blue Mahoe but to me his new call sounds even better.  One the most natural sounding calls I've heard.  I think this new call is his best crystal and I've ran most of his crystals including the Mad Hen series. 
When Jimmy said he had an appointment with a guy named Mike on Monday I had a feeling it was you.  Lol
For some reason I can't see your pics.

SS Calls

Congrats on a couple of fine calls bud!

sbbow

Fellas nice group of calls there. I was talking to Jimmy on Saturday and pick up his atomic 13. He said he had some guest coming over on Sunday somebody by the name of Lou was wondering if that was you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey stew

Congrats on a couple good looking and I`m sure sounding callers!

MikeStaten

Quote from: Killerstump on February 23, 2016, 09:52:56 AM
What's this new crystal call run $ wise? I love those feathers in there

I think he charges $65 for his crystal calls.  Give him a call and he'll run all sorts of calls and you can pick the sound you want.   The blue Mahoe runs a little cleaner/ less raspy than the Mad hen but both sound really good and are easy to run.  Just ordered his new crystal that Lou mentioned. 

letinmfly

Quote from: Killerstump on February 23, 2016, 09:52:56 AM
What's this new crystal call run $ wise? I love those feathers in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$75

mwr