turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Aluminum suggestions

Started by rbreedi1, February 22, 2016, 01:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbreedi1

Ok guys, I am looking to add an aluminum call to my collection. Not sure what I want to go with, I was thinking the Atomic 13, Lonzo's Acrylic , or maybe one of the new Dawkins stoned aluminum? Anyone tried these and have some input? Or another suggestion?

Thanks!
Thunder Ridge Totes

REBELYELL

Three great calls you have listed. You can't go wrong with any of the three. For the price, you can't beat Dawkins new stoned aluminum in his plastic pot. That calls sounds great and runs like hot butter. 

Jgarrett

Supreme talking dirty or a Lyman wenge aluminum, but that atomic 13 and trice acrylic are fantastic too, and I don't have one yet, but the Dawkins plastic aluminum apparantly is great too.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

scoot12

I have all three and like Jody suggested,  you cant go wrong with that plastic stoned aluminum,  so easy to run and sounds great.  Scoot

bunk

I got a Dawkins anodized walnut aluminum and his plastic pot stoned aluminum. Both are great sounding calls but that stoned aluminum is crazy easy to run. I love it. Would like to try it in his walnut pot.

MikeStaten

I just picked up an Atomic 13 this afternoon and it sounds amazing with a nice rasp to it.  Easy to play too.  Won't find a nicer guy than Jimmy either.  If you give him a call, have him run his Blue Mahoe crystal call for you.  That's my new favorite pot call and I also just got it today. 

rbreedi1

thanks for the suggestions so far! Anyone know what the price is on Lonzo's black acrylic?
Thunder Ridge Totes

Spitten and drummen

I have a dawkins plastic pot stoned aluminum on order and own the other 2 you mentioned. the black acrylic runs a 100 bucks but is fantastic.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Bowguy

Atomic 13, Dawkins walnut, Lonzo acrylic all great calls and youd not go wrong w any. One maker I've been getting more interested in as for great sound n ease of play is SS so there's another option well worth considering

jjnfla

For the price I'd go with the Dawkins plastic stoned aluminum,to me it sounds just as good if not better then the walnut pot but both run awesome..atomic 13 is a nice one,the ss aluminums would be a good one also good luck..

Stump.270

I have a Lonzo aluminum/aluminum in yellowheart and another to look at is Jeff graham from custom pro calls his call is 3/4 anodized and 1/4 not and you condition it with 150grit drywall screen it is a smoker it's in a amazique pit mr.Harold Fowler told me that it's the only aluminum in his vest and I know why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stump.270

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cutt down

Mike Yingling & Paul Platz are 2 more to consider.

PALongspur