OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rem 870 youth ssx choke with fed hwt 7

Started by petemoss83, February 21, 2016, 08:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoss83

I decided to pattern my wife's new 870 youth 20 ga with the ssx choke today and was surprised at the results... 183 hits in the 10" @40yds. I also tried the trulock fed 7 choke which produced a 145 hit pattern and the jelly maximum which produced a 112 hit pattern. I'll try to post a pic..

357MAGNOLE

I love the detail in the turkey drawling... Beard and all. Practice like you fight I see  :fud:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

petemoss83

I actually drew 7 turkey targets and got pretty sloppy by number 3!!! #7 was horrible!!!

owlhoot

have seen worse on here ,  but not by much   :TooFunny:

Cleveland48

Looks a whole lot better than any turkey drawing I use to do lol. Great pattern also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowBendr

The 870 youth gun is a weird gun. I love mine but it's really wild how different each and every gun is.
The SSX choke is a great example, either your gun loves it or it really hates it. Several guns on here like yours turn terrific patterns...some guys struggle to see 140's.
Great pattern from yours !

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

mightyjoeyoung

The new jelly head maximum shot the worst of any choke I have tried in my 870's and I've shot a ton of different chokes...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

g8rvet

Quote from: BowBendr on February 21, 2016, 11:13:01 PM
The 870 youth gun is a weird gun. I love mine but it's really wild how different each and every gun is.
The SSX choke is a great example, either your gun loves it or it really hates it. Several guns on here like yours turn terrific patterns...some guys struggle to see 140's.
Great pattern from yours !

2015 Old Gobbler contest Champions

True dat.  My daughters 870 put up 167 with a Trulock.   I reckon that is why these should only be starter ideas and the only way to know for sure is to put some shot on paper. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.