OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey Books

Started by GED6531, February 21, 2016, 08:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tree-rat sniper

Quote from: BowBendr on February 21, 2016, 10:38:22 PM
Ray Eyes 'Turkey hunters bible' is my favorite.

Yep! & his Practical turkey hunting strategies... Ray is very entertaining!
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

Bennett

I have all of the ones mentioned so far and they are all worth owning. Another I would highly recommend is Turkey Hunting: Spring and Fall by Doug Camp.

Double B

Ultimate Turkey Hunting by Harold Knight & David Hale w forward by Wade L. Bourne.  I probably learned more out of that book than any other book starting out.  Early 90's time period I believe.  They were just starting to use the Mossberg 835.  Good read with their history and many good stories.
Followed by buzzards

GobbleNut

One of my favorites is a book by one of our current (or perhaps, past) members here, Tom Weddle (Hookspur) titled "Turkey Tails and Tales from Across the USA".  It has only been out a couple of years, but I highly recommend it as being both entertaining and informative, as well as being very well written.

catdaddy

"East of the Slash" by Wade Wineman.

Double B

Definitely agree Gobblenut, Weddle's book is another great read. .......and by a fellow Hoosier.  A buddy loaned it to me and it was quite enjoyable.
Followed by buzzards

OldSchool

Of what I've read The Old Pro Turkey Hunter by Gene Nunnery is my favorite. I read it several times a year.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

tha bugman

The Old Pro is my favorite Tenth Legion would be second and The Season would be third

strutnva

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 22, 2016, 08:33:23 AM
One of my favorites is a book by one of our current (or perhaps, past) members here, Tom Weddle (Hookspur) titled "Turkey Tails and Tales from Across the USA".  It has only been out a couple of years, but I highly recommend it as being both entertaining and informative, as well as being very well written.

I'm reading this one now and it is excellent.

slamman

x2 great book hopefully he's started his second book.

GED6531

Where can I purchase this book? Also, I want to thank everyone for all of the input. Many of these I have and some I do not have. I love comparing different strategies and techniques with different hunters. I try to take a little from each book and try to encompass it in my own style of turkey hunting. You can never learn too much.

GobbleNut

Quote from: GED6531 on February 22, 2016, 05:21:31 PM

Where can I purchase this book? Also, I want to thank everyone for all of the input. Many of these I have and some I do not have. I love comparing different strategies and techniques with different hunters. I try to take a little from each book and try to encompass it in my own style of turkey hunting. You can never learn too much.

I'll see if I can round up that info for you...

southern_leo

Quote from: GED6531 on February 22, 2016, 05:21:31 PM

Amazon

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ElkTurkMan

Old Pro Turkey Hunter   
Turkey Hunting with Charlie Elliott
The Turkey Hunting World of Ben Lee
A Fork in the Road
Native Turkeys and a North GA Mountain Turkey Hunter.                                                                                     

theroaddog

Quote from: Bennett on February 22, 2016, 12:04:53 AM
I have all of the ones mentioned so far and they are all worth owning. Another I would highly recommend is Turkey Hunting: Spring and Fall by Doug Camp.
This was the book that got me started turkey hunting.  My dad bought it and a box call for me when I was in fourth or fifth grade.
Turkey Hunting with Charlie Elliott is another good one