OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

License Fees

Started by Greg Massey, February 20, 2016, 12:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie234

My WV sportsmans package, which is hunting and fishing. I also got a trout stamp extra archery tag and anterless deer tag. With tax and fees cost me $78.00

southern_leo

Can any TWRA (Tn wildlife resource agency for you other states) advise why Tn fees are so much higher? I didn't realize before this thread we are extremely high. If I could spend just over 600 for a lifetime I most definitely would. I'm starting to think the fees are so high they maybe hurting themselves. Lower prices but sell more and you make more money. Also high fees encourage people to hunt and fish illegally. I'm against that but not everyone can afford these prices. This thread has defiantly provoked my thoughts on this!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Eric Gregg

50-60 dollars for our Sportsman License per year for us here in MS.
That allows me to do anything I want hunting wise. It gets expensive when you get into the duck hunting aspect of it.
Not bad for us. But if you want to really get ahead here you buy a lifetime license for your kids and that will save a lot of money.
Plus, our taxes on sporting goods go towards WMA's. That I don't mind as its investing back into wildlife management.

Smooth_Operator

Couldn't say, I've had a lifetime license in SC for about twenty years now.  However, I also hunt GA a lot and pay over $300 per year in non-resident fees...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

turkey_slayer

Quote from: southern_leo on February 20, 2016, 10:37:35 PM
Can any TWRA (Tn wildlife resource agency for you other states) advise why Tn fees are so much higher? I didn't realize before this thread we are extremely high. If I could spend just over 600 for a lifetime I most definitely would. I'm starting to think the fees are so high they maybe hurting themselves. Lower prices but sell more and you make more money. Also high fees encourage people to hunt and fish illegally. I'm against that but not everyone can afford these prices. This thread has defiantly provoked my thoughts on this!

They told me 100% of their funding comes from license fees.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ilbucksndux

In Illinois out hunting license(basically a small game license) is $12.50 and to hunt anything but waterfowl you need a habitat stamp that is $5.50. A turkey permit is $15.00. I wish we would have a system like other states where I could buy a "all game" license and get my deer and turkey tags at once instead of having to buy them all separate. 
Gary Bartlow

otinhunter

In Indiana it cost me 149.50 for a bundle deer that consist of 3 deer tags  good for all seasons a spring and fall turkey tags stamp and a hunting and fishing combo.

gotcha

A little over 100 bucks a year for everything here in Florida,never broke it down to just turkey so not sure.I do hunt Tn every year and although roughy 200 bucks is a lot it's for 4 spring birds (plus more if you have special quota tags)and up to several per county in the fall all season long.

SteelerFan

To hunt turkey:

Maryland Res. $24.50 / Non-Res $130  2 bird limit

Pennsylvania Res. $20.70 / Non-Res $101  1 bird. (Bonus +1 gobbler Res. $21.70 / Non-Res. $41.70)

Both Md. / Pa. licenses would allow small game / deer gun. Extra stamps ($) required for archery / muzzleloader.

gotcha

If you took full advantage of both the Tn turkey seasons you could kill up to 11 turkeys in 1 year.Sounds cheap to me.

Greg Massey

Your Dreaming ...Gotcha...crazy

captpete

Here in Iowa it is $19 for a small game license. $13 Habitat fee....you have to have the Habitat stamp to be legal to hunt, no matter what you are hunting. If you buy the habitat & small game combo it is $30 instead of $32 if you bought them seperate.
A lifetime license is $52.50, but you have to be 65 yrs or older to buy one. I'm not positive, but I think you still need to pay the habitat fee yearly.

A turkey tag is $24.50 and they are good for only one bird. You can have 2 in the spring & 2 in the fall.
Deer tags are $28.50 for a state wide either sex tag....good for only one deer. You can have 2 of these...one for archery & one for gun.
Antlerless deer tags $28.50 for the first one and $13.00 each additional antlerless tag. These are county specific (you can only take a doe in the county that the tag is for). There are quotas on these.....some counties have over 3,000 antlerless tags and some don't have any.

If you want to trap or hunt fox & racoons, you have to spend another $22.50 for a Fur harvestors license.
To duck hunt you have pay a $10 Migratory Game bird fee.

If you want to fish it is going to cost you another $19. If you want to trout fish you will need to buy $12.50 Trout stamp.

gotcha

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 21, 2016, 12:24:55 PM
Your Dreaming ...Gotcha...crazy

Didn't say I agreed with the bag limit but that's what it is.Fall turkeys are counted by the county harvested.Some counties have a 6 bird bag limit,that don't count against the spring limit of 4(more if you draw quota tags).Seems crazy but that's how I see it.

bbcoach

Quote from: turkey_slayer on February 21, 2016, 12:43:08 AM
Quote from: southern_leo on February 20, 2016, 10:37:35 PM

They told me 100% of their funding comes from license fees.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
If TN continues to raise their prices, they will eventually have to cut programs due to participation and then cut everything because no one will be able to afford the fee/fees to hunt and fish.  It is a very slippery slope.  Hope this doesn't continue.     

Greg Massey

During the time i was president of our local NWTF charter we were helping TWRA with all kinds of needs including buying four wheeler's, seeder's, Radio equipment for tracking turkey's etc. Most of the trucks these game wardens drive are in bad shape etc. We can't get anything planted much anymore on the WMA and they want to cut timber all the time on these places as well...and our license still keep going up.. I crappie fish in Miss and they have some of the best bathrooms and fishing dressing stations around and we can't even find a bathroom or fish dressing station in or around all our rivers or lakes...My question is were is all our money going ?