turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

License Fees

Started by Greg Massey, February 20, 2016, 12:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

What does it cost in your state just to turkey hunt? In Tennessee all of our license fees had a big increase this year. Just to turkey hunt this year hunting and fishing is 34.00 dollars and we have to have a big game gun that's 34.00 dollars total of 68.00 just to turkey hunt. Now we have what we call a yearly sportsman license that's 166.00 which includes all licenses needed to deer hunting during our muzzleloader, archery, and includes doe permits for our county special season. A lifetime license at my age is 1153.00 .  Tenn has one of the highest hunting fees ...What's it cost you for Licenses in your state ?      DON'T GET ME WRONG I'M NOT COMPLAINING IT ALL GOES TO A GOOD CAUSE.....

fallhnt

1153.00....I'd move! I live in IL and this state is broke and a joke. 15.00 for ea. turkey permit and combo hunt /fish license 30.00 I guess
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

smalls

In Louisiana, it costs about $50 for me to turkey hunt.  That's $15 for basic (small game basically), $14 for big game (required for turkey hunting), $15 for WMA (state lands), and $5.50 for Turkey.    Lifetime hunt and fish here is $500, and covers everything except duck stamp.  Just have to get tags printed for turkey and deer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

wvmntnhick

Couldn't tell you. I've had lifetime license since before I needed one. It's not as much as Tennessee though.

born2hunt

Yeah Tennessee is ridiculous,  it's gonna cost me a little over 200 for a 10 day license as a nonresident this year.

As a Florida resident I pay 100 for a sportsman gold license. That covers everything I need to hunt and fish for a year exept the duck stamp. I don't think thats to bad.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

southern_leo

I live in Tn and want the lifetime bad but at my age its $1976.00. Buying the annual this year for  $166.00. Between deer, turkey and fishing I'll spend over that if bought seperate.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Happy

As a resident in md I pay around $35 I think. Wv cost me $165 to just hunt turkeys as a nonresident. I really should got a lifetime license before I moved.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

taylorjones20

I should've bought the lifetime sportsman license last year here in TN before the price increase.  It was around $1600 then...  Oh well, $166 a year...
Alive only by the Grace Of God

southern_leo

When I have kids I'm buying them the liftime. If they are under 2 I thinks it's only a couple hundred. Tennessee does have a jacked up fee system.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

turkeyfoot

No kidding you guys in Tenn are paying lot. here in NC 50 bucks for  hunting fishing including deer turkey small game  trout and public land permit. Do pay few more bucks for saltwater and bear I don't buy usually so not sure on those 2

bbcoach

Lifetime NC Sportsman is flat $675 age 12 or older now.  Bought mine back in the 80's when they were $300 and annual Sportsman license was $40.  Paid for itself in 7 1/2 years.  I was grandfathered into the saltwater and bear fee hike since I had already purchased my lifetime license.  Not a bad state for resident hunting and fishing.  Non resident licenses aren't really bad here either.  Some states are causing many people to stop or never get started in hunting and fishing due to the high fees.  We are ALL losing Sportsmen and women due to these high fees.

turkeyfoot

VA will nickel and dime you some to,  never understood why one would need to buy separate permits for black powder and archery seems like it should all be included

buzzardroost

TN is insane, even for residents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doug Lewis

I'm in Ga., and I just bought mine today. Resident sportsmans license is $57.50.
This covers all small and big game hunting/fishing, and WMA use. Three Tom limit.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: turkeyfoot on February 20, 2016, 07:21:58 PM
VA will nickel and dime you some to,  never understood why one would need to buy separate permits for black powder and archery seems like it should all be included
Plus you have to buy the bear tag separate now. Tenn is going to cost me $325 and Alabama $204 I think for a 10 day. Who would have think killing a 20lb bird is getting more expensive than killing a 1000lb elk

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk