OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sell or no Sell?

Started by 357MAGNOLE, February 18, 2016, 06:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

357MAGNOLE

Now that I have this sweet little 870 youth model I really do not see myself carrying the big ole Stoeger M3000 around much. I originally build the 870 for the wife/kids/self but now that its finished  :drool: I don't see myself taking anything else.

So should I sell it or keep it as a backup, or keep it for when I take the wife/kids hunting down the road and bring it along?

I don't NEED the money, but I could put it towards other stuff. (Snake boots, ammo, permits, calls, wife wants a new dog)

Pros: Lays down nasty patterns with long beard XR's
Cons:Heavy, crap trigger, recoil sucks compared to the 20 gauge

Never been in a situation where I had 2 capable turkey guns.... What would yall do?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Moorhouse10

I'm somewhat in the same boat. I just got a winchester 1300 but I already have a sbe 2 setup. Thought about re selling the 1300 but have talked myself into keeping it. Long walks and running and gunning I think ill use the 1300 its light and has a 22 inch barrel. The sbe 2 ill use when field hunting it has a 28 inch barrel. I say keep both.

357MAGNOLE

I see what you are saying, but the M3000 has a pistol grip. Not much of a field kinda gun, and I have another gun that fits my "field" gun need. 
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Old Gobbler

I had at one time so many shotguns due to inheritance,  I was literally giving them away , In fact I remember winning a turkey gun at a nwtf banquet and gifting it back

When turkey guns are so numerous it's silly to keep them all, but I recommend if the gun shoots well hang onto it  and gift it to a family member like a son when they get older , they will appreciate a sentimental gift that is also very practical
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

MK M GOBL

So I guess some of this would be how much, where and who you hunt with, I have 2 dedicated turkey guns and a 3rd as a back up. There are time all three have been in use with friends out hunting with me. I wouldn't think of selling the 2 as those guns have some meaning to me, the 3rd serves as a multi-purpose gun. If you really don't think the gun won't serve a purpose any longer sell it and get what you were talking about and enjoy. You could always build another more to your liking down the road.

MK M GOBL

dirt road ninja

Izzyjoe

A man can never have to many shotguns, unless the house is on fire!

decoykrvr

That's why they build and sell fire-proof gun safes.

Rick Howard

Like the old addage goes.... I sold a gun once.  I will never do it again.

OldSchool

If it were me, I'd hang on to it. You can always have the trigger worked on if It's that bad and from my own experience, there may come a time when it might not be so easily replaced. It throws "nasty patterns", and you've got kids to pass it down to someday. :z-twocents:

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

357MAGNOLE

Yeah yall are all right... Shouldnt get rid of a gun that patterns that well. I do wish it was a little lighter and had a better trigger.... But it is a solid turkey gun.

sixbird

There's no gun in the world that I would sell...If it was bad enough, I might give it away. Short of that, I'd keep it. The way things are going, you might not be able to buy ANY gun before long!