OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WTB- Cluck n Purr pot

Started by mozer67, February 18, 2016, 08:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mozer67

Looking to see if anyone has one of these they'd part with?
I know woodhaven makes one but have heard champions choice has one too?!
Thanks

Candyman

vgobbler

Smooth_Operator

Quote from: vgobbler on February 18, 2016, 09:57:43 AM
look at Andy Kaiser as well

Good advice here, every pot I own of Andy's or have ever run is slap full of turkey...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

mozer67

I've heard mention of a call called a teardrop and another called tree talker. Any input on either of these?

MikeStaten

Jimmy Schaffer makes the tear drop.  One for sale on the turkey call classified here.  Great call but takes a little getting used to as you can't just play it like a regular pot call.  You need to make a sound chamber by cupping your hand under it.   Once you get it, its amazing. 

hunter22

Quote from: mozer67 on February 18, 2016, 11:28:30 AM
I've heard mention of a call called a teardrop and another called tree talker. Any input on either of these?

Roger Parks makes a tree talker. Amazing little call. I can remember two gobblers I killed early in the morning when they were still on the limb and the tree talker was the only call I used and they both landed right in my lap.

scoot12

Lon Trice makes a purr pot that is very good also,  I don't know if Bobby Woods still makes calls but I like his also.  Scoot

ZachH28

mozer67

I ended up buying a teardrop off Jimmy @oakridge. He ran one over the phone and it sounded very good. Thanks everyone for your input and good luck this spring!