only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best cheap binoculars?

Started by WNCTracker, February 17, 2016, 01:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

Vortex or Zen Ray

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GobbleNut

Good info MK M GOBL.  It is always good to hear reports from someone who deals with the products from a perspective of objectivity.

As a little side-note, much of the effectiveness of the use of binoculars comes from the persons ability to use them properly.  For spotting game, I will take a guy that has cheap binos and knows how to use them over the guy that has the top-of-the-line set that does not.  Good glass will not make up for poor technique. 

Bird Buster

I have 8x32 Vortex and my brother has the 10x28 Vortex both are decent I get a glare in mine easy if it's real sunny and is rising or setting but you can't beat there warranty if something did happen

fenderhunt4

Minox mentioned above are definitely worth the look on quality and price. However, I've been giving the Bushnell's a second glance because I was very impressed with their warranty policy.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I've got a brand new, never been opened, in the box, pair of Leupold Mojave BX-3 10x32's I'll sell you for 280 shipped TYD.  Retail is 369.99.

I've got a pair of Swarovski SLC 10x42's and Zeiss Terra ED 10x42's and have no need for these Leupolds that were gifted to me. 

Send me a PM if you want a steal on some good glass.

Scott Hock

Get yourself Nikon Monarchs and be done with it. I use Swarovski binos for everything, but when researching what I was going to hunt with I came across the nikons. For the money you won't beat the clarity and ruggedness of these. I think you can get them for 300.00. I've seen them on sale for 249.00 at times.

Gobble!

Define cheap. Really like my Vanguards.

Kilchis

Estate sales can be your friend.  Last year I picked up a fine pair of Zeiss binos for $50.   I already had a pair of Nikon Monarchs and think they are great.

Rick Howard

I have a pair of 10x red fields that are quite nice.  They are worth every penny which in today's optics world was not many pennies.  They are are on the heavy side though.  If I were to have a complaint this would be it.  I use them for scouting and driving around in the truck peeping at coyote, deer, and turkey.  Also I use them for woodchucks on occasion.  I keep them handy at the house too so I can peep the birds around the house. 

drenalinld

Quote from: Gobble! on February 18, 2016, 10:21:10 PM
Define cheap. Really like my Vanguards.

Vanguard Endeavor ED. They have introduced the ED II and original model can be bought for $200 - $250. Best glass under $600 according to birdwatchers who are very critical of glass. I have 8x42 and 10.5 x 45. Both really good.
http://www.birdwatching.com/optics/2011midpricebins/review_vanguard_ed.html