OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

only one trumpet

Started by Spitten and drummen, February 16, 2016, 04:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

if you had to pick only one trumpet to hunt with the rest of your years , whose would you pick , what type of wood and why. this post is just in good fun.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

boatpaddle

A Frank Hegler trumpet....

African blackwood...

Easiest to play and most realistic, I've ever run....

Not that any other callmakers calls are bad...This call just fits me....
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Spitten and drummen

Good deal. That's what I'm talking about
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Clovis67

Osage Orange Trumpet from Matt McLain...That call will bring em to the gun!

davisd9

That is difficult. It is hard to beat my Buice Osage Orange with the #3 mouthpiece.

I have hunted my cocobolo MKW the most as she is a sweet talker and it has some great sentimental value.

I have to go with my most recent trumpet, an African Blackwood with buffalo horn mouth piece. My wife got it together and got it for me as a gift. It has great sentimental value but it also is a singer. It has a very easy draw and has a natural feel to me.

Those other two trumpets will be in my vest this season, but my NA will be around my neck.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

greentag

i aint really for sure on that,i got my first trumpet in nashville this weekend,i have built several wingbones over the years and could run one well enough that ive killed a few gobblers with them and ive always wanted a trumpet to try,i got a matt mclain exebition grade english walnut,with an ivory mouth piece,most of my learning curve i knocked out with the wingbones,i just need to get alot more consistant on it,and better with hand placement,its a little different for me than the wingbones,but i have a beautiful trumpet to drive everyone crazy with until i get consistant.

rem 300

callmakerman

My go to yelper is made by my friend Gary Bunofsky. The cane call Gary made me plays so easy and has the sound I like. I can pick it up at any time and kee kee, cut, cluck ,yelp what ever and never have to give it a thought.

mgm1955

Quote from: callmakerman on February 16, 2016, 09:52:38 PM
My go to yelper is made by my friend Gary Bunofsky. The cane call Gary made me plays so easy and has the sound I like. I can pick it up at any time and kee kee, cut, cluck ,yelp what ever and never have to give it a thought.
Bill I was lucky enough to get one from Gary in Nashville and can't wait to give it a try. Sounds good and easy to play.

cowhornyelper

Paired with my cowhorn yelper, I use one of Austy Bott's adjustable trumpets.  It will give you ALL of the yelps that you need from the kee-kee to the mature gobbler.
cowhornyelper

The Woodsman

Probably a Permar 45 out of delrin.

Andy S.

Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

Trumpetyelper

Quote from: Andy S. on February 21, 2016, 08:56:51 PM
Quote from: gaswamp on February 16, 2016, 10:07:44 PM
Quote from: rem 300 on February 16, 2016, 09:41:40 PM
Anything from Cox
yep
x3
x4
Frank made an Ironwood call some years ago for me and it just runs perfect for me.  Lots of great call makers, but that one works for me.

KPcalls

Quote from: mgm1955 on February 18, 2016, 11:50:20 PM
Quote from: callmakerman on February 16, 2016, 09:52:38 PM
Bill I was lucky enough to get one from Gary in Nashville and can't wait to give it a try. Sounds good and easy to play.

I hope you didn't take advantage of my buddy while he was sick from the bad shrimp he ate that one night... ::)    :TooFunny: