OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What is the worst?

Started by Cane Cutter, February 16, 2016, 10:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeywhisperer935

I know one guy that sees 100 turkey's every trip and the whole woods gobbles every time he goes, so he says. I call bs.

M Sharpe

Quote from: guesswho on February 16, 2016, 01:26:55 PM
"It's a Jake" 

Best story I've heard in a long time.  Short version.  I set it up for two buddy's who are Undercover Ohio GW's to come down and hunt with me and a friend who has a good spot.  They traded a future Ohio deer hunt for the Bama turkey hunt.  I took one of the UC's with me and he killed a longbeard.  My friend took the other one to a spot.  Now my friend in Bama knew that they were both covert officers.  Anyway their sitting on two different pine trees about 10 feet apart.  My Ohio guy was napping, and my Bama guy woke him up by telling him turkey, turkey.  My Ohio guy opened his eye's, saw the turkey and never raised a gun.  So my Bama guy shot the turkey, which was a HEN ???.  I have no idea how he did that, but then he started claiming it's a Jake. 

So he woke up an Undercover GW and shot a hen in front of him in the spring.  And to top it off my GW buddy videoed my Bama guy breasting out the hen, got him to say his name, date, county and state all while standing at the tailgate with his tag visible.  They still own him and that was five years or so ago :TooFunny:   

And they made some FINE wingbones too!!! Tell him I'll take all the "jake" bones like that he can come across!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

tha bugman

I started the thread and didn't even include mine.... "There has never been a turkey I couldn't call in"   ;D

sps20

I had a guy that was selling box calls
tell me-If he's stupid enough to gobble
once I'll kill him.
Regards
Turk

fallhnt

I told the worst lie I ever heard.One fall I told a guy that I shot a big buck and wanted to give him time before I went to track him the next day. The area was loaded with turkeys and that gave me and my buddy that afternoon and the next day to pill em up. We never shot a bird but we had fun and the guy hunted a different area.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

jwhunter

Quote from: FullChoke on February 16, 2016, 12:52:37 PM
I had a guy try to tell me that he called a gobbler in to him and had an eagle fly down, grab to gobbler and carry him off.

I have heard of eagles attacking turkeys, but never one big enough to actually fly away with one.

Dude I have had this happen to me and a buddy on 2 separate occasions. My encounter was one spring I had a eagle try and catch a hen on my field. I had a buddy that came to deer hunt a few years later. He was hunting the same field. I never told him about my encounter and he came back to camp telling me he had a huge eagle grab a hen on his field and flew off with it.........I  Swear!

VAHUNTER

I had a old turkey hunter tell me that one morning he called a big Gobbler up. He went on to say that the bird was less than 18" from his face.And that he gobbled so much and so hard that his face (the hunters) was covered with slobber lol.
Good things come to those who wait

Strick9

Nahhh, I don't Turkey hunt. I was at work couldn't have been my truck ya saw. These both work well.
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

J Lacey

Quote from: PASTRUTTER21 on February 16, 2016, 06:57:31 PM
I shot him as soon as he hit the ground!!!

I've actually done that, once.

Cant really think of a big tale at the moment but I've told a few actual tales in the presence of another guy that later told the same tale as if it had happened to him personally. With me standing there among the crowd. He couldn't even remember I was the one that told it first so he takes the story as his own. Heard him do that several times........
2020 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2020 GNCC Amateur National Champion
2022 Ohio Buckeye World Champion
2022 GNCC Don Chancey award winner

Spitten and drummen

One of these so called pros around hear states he has killed every bird he sat down to in his last 20 years. Claims it's not a bird he can't kill if it gobbles once to his call. Funny thing is I only know of one bird he actually killed. I was working him and he was headed straight to me. Guy got between us and ambushed him coming in to me.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Jbird22

"If I can make one gobble at me just one time, I WILL shoot him"... :TooFunny:

Gobble!

Quote from: guesswho on February 16, 2016, 01:26:55 PM
"It's a Jake" 

Best story I've heard in a long time.  Short version.  I set it up for two buddy's who are Undercover Ohio GW's to come down and hunt with me and a friend who has a good spot.  They traded a future Ohio deer hunt for the Bama turkey hunt.  I took one of the UC's with me and he killed a longbeard.  My friend took the other one to a spot.  Now my friend in Bama knew that they were both covert officers.  Anyway their sitting on two different pine trees about 10 feet apart.  My Ohio guy was napping, and my Bama guy woke him up by telling him turkey, turkey.  My Ohio guy opened his eye's, saw the turkey and never raised a gun.  So my Bama guy shot the turkey, which was a HEN ???.  I have no idea how he did that, but then he started claiming it's a Jake. 

So he woke up an Undercover GW and shot a hen in front of him in the spring.  And to top it off my GW buddy videoed my Bama guy breasting out the hen, got him to say his name, date, county and state all while standing at the tailgate with his tag visible.  They still own him and that was five years or so ago :TooFunny:   

bhahahahahahahahahahah

Gobble!

Quote from: VAHUNTER on February 17, 2016, 08:27:37 PM
I had a old turkey hunter tell me that one morning he called a big Gobbler up. He went on to say that the bird was less than 18" from his face.And that he gobbled so much and so hard that his face (the hunters) was covered with slobber lol.

now thats intense.

tha bugman

no way that happened he would have died of a heart attack
Quote from: Gobble! on February 19, 2016, 10:37:05 AM
Quote from: VAHUNTER on February 17, 2016, 08:27:37 PM

now thats intense.

g8rvet

Guy I know casually likes to ask me how I am doing with turkey season. He then proceeds to tell me he is on #5-8 (depending on time of year).  He only hunts Florida.  He is FOS.  One year I had enough of his lying and bragging.  He asked me how turkey season was going. I said I was done.  He said, oh, you got 2?  I said "Yeah, 2 in Florida, 3 in Georgia, 3 in Alabama and 2 in Kansas.  You got any turkey recipes?"  He has never told me how many birds he has killed again.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.